Monday, June 13, 2005

A week on Temptation Island

A couple of days into my WW week - Friday is weigh-in day for me, so that's the 'first' day of my week.
A fair bit of planning has gone into this week, as there are plenty of temptations coming my way.
Yesterday we had my friend Fiona's baby shower. I love baby showers - they're just so girly. I took a fruit and cheese platter, and managed to resist most of the fatty or sweet temptations. Until, as I knew would happen, Fiona's lemon meringue pie came out. Believe me, that is a completely irresistible 5 point temptation!
But it's okay - I'd planned for it!
There are more temptations to come. For those of you who haven't worked it out, I LOVE RUGBY! And on Wednesday the Wellington Lions are playing the British and Irish Lions. YEEHAA!
Now usually, going to rugby at The Stadium isn't too bad. I don't have any alcohol, and there's a spud stall that does very nice baked potatoes. But this week will be different - we're taking clients to the corporate box. So, all the food and alcohol is laid on, and the buffet will be a little Temptation Island all on its own.
And then, on Thursday, we have a breakfast recovery meeting at the Intercontinental. More temptation.
But it's okay - I've planned for all of it!
Usually I get 24 points a day. So, this week, I'm doing 22 points per day, with 26 points yesterday and 30 planned for Wednesday. I haven't allowed any extra for Thursday - I can just have a couple of poached eggs on toast for breakfast and easily do 22 points for the day.
So, there's the plan. Yesterday worked out okay. Let's just see about the rest of the week. Can I enjoy the sun and palm trees on Temptation Island, without succumbing to the food and drink?


And now they've just added to my week. No temptations, just more to do - just called a rugby meeting for tomorrow night. We need to organise a Club Day this weekend, as all our teams are playing at home. That means two of us will organise it, and spend all day Saturday at school cooking sausages, running the after-match functions and organising POD prizes. Oh well - hopefully I'll be too busy to eat!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

The corporate box does sound like a huge temptation. Have fun anyway!

Kt said...

Hi Sue, thanks for commenting on my blog :) will read yours fully wen i get some time, i like to know the full story - but looks like you are doing so so well! :) you are so lucky to be watching the lions :) have a great time!

Margaret said...

Well done Sue. Great planning. I wonder which lions team you will be going for? ;)

Good luck with all the tempations thrown your way this week. How good will you feel at the end of it when you have come through on points.. Fantastic.. You are such a busy person, it is amazing you even have time to think about food - but that is life isn't it - busy busy busy with heaps of temptations. Have a great day :)