Thursday, July 28, 2005

Seem you asked so nicely!

Jodie has asked me to post what my typical day's food intake is. So, here's what my weekdays tend to look like - weekends are a bit less organised. I've given you my exercise as well. I get 23 points per day, and I very rarely use any of the bonus points I earn from exercise.
Get up at 5.30am (or earlier because I often don't sleep that late).
Drink two big glasses of water.
Power walk 2.5km, just me and my ipod. Some days I replace this with a home circuit workout or kickboxing.
Stretch a bit and drink more water.
Plan and pack my food for the day.
Leave for work around 7.15 and get there about 7.30.
Have breakfast about 8am (if I'm starting work later I breakfast at home) - English muffin with a banana and 50 grams of shaved ham on top (4 points), or muesli, banana and yoghurt (4 points).
Trim flat white (1 point).
Morning snack - WW bar (1.5 points).
Lunch - I usually buy my lunch now. I try to vary it every day - sushi, bagel and soup or a nice filled roll with chicken. If my lunch is less than 6 points I make it up to 6 by having a piece of fruit.
Afternoon snack - fruit and yoghurt (2 points) or a Jarrah and a piece of fruit (2 points).
Top up snacks during the day - snow peas, carrots, tomatoes cut up and sprinkled with lemon juice, salt and pepper - all free. And lots of water.
Usually I get home from work about 6pm or 6.30.
Walk for 5km - just me, Moose and my ipod.
Stretch heaps and drink more water.
Dinner - if I'm eating the same as the boys, then 3.5 points of grilled protein, 2 points of carbohydrates and .5 point of dressing, sauce or cooking oil - plus plenty of free vegies. If I don't feel like having what they're having, I'll make a 6 point pizza or some pasta, chicken and lots of vegies.
I also allow .5 for the trim milk in my cups of tea during the day.
That leaves me 2 points for evening 'treat' things - like some wine or WW ice cream.
Bed about 11pm.
We are a family that likes to eat late, so that makes it easy to fit my exercise in.
One thing I like about how I've organised my food is that I can see where I'll be able to take points out as my allowance drops.
Of course, the days don't always work as planned, but if I overeat during the day (like if I have lunch at a restaurant), I can easily drop points out of my evening meal.

7 comments:

CaramelKitKat said...

I'm always keen to get ideas from other people, esp when it comes to food. Had to laugh re topping up lunch points, I would never top up as I know I will go looking for food later on so ALWAYS need them.

Re your sleep, do you feel rested when you wake? Do you get up at the same time on weekends? I ask as I notice a big difference in my will power when I do get enough sleep, rare as it is!

Kt said...

thank you so much for posting this Sue, loosing 25kg in 18 wks is amazing & its nice to know how you do it!

Margaret said...

What a great plan. We actually eat very similarly. Since going on back to basics and bulking up lunch to 5 pts (instead of the 1.5 I was having) I eat pretty much the same as you. Love having those 2 extra points for treats. :)

Well done Sue. With all your walking and not eating your bonus points it is easy to see that your body is responding very well to your hard work. You are doing so well. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow :)

Mary said...

I'm with M and you. Looks like we eat very much the same. I really like those Jarrahs at the moment too. Do you find that because you are eating well and exercising now, you sleep less and feel better, have more energy? I find that I am good on 6-7 hours now when I could sleep forever before and felt groggy.

Have a great day super Sue!

Kate said...

It's cool to see how other people do it :-) Well done on your two walks a day - I'm beginning to enjoy going for 2 myself. Infact, I can feel my mental / emotional stability going down the drain if I don't get out for at least one walk. Funny how we change once we change our lifestyle! Before this I HATED exercise! :-) You are doing so great - what an inspiration you are!

michelle said...

Your plan is so sensible and so routine no wonder you are doing so well. I eat way less points and then blow it at weekends. I am going to try to eat more like you next week. All that walking is so good for you. You will have no problems at the marathon. Thanks for sharing.

Felicity said...

where do u get all the energy from? Here's hoping when i get down to 120k I'll have some of it too!!!