Monday, July 04, 2005

Walk week

I need a break from my exercise DVDs.
I can recite along with the instructors, word for word. I even correct their grammar, as obsessively as Meryl Streep's character in Lemony Snicket.
I am definitely over their Aussie accents, and I don't really want to feel the burn, at least not for a few days.
So, I'm declaring this Walk Week.
I know, I already walk the dog for up to an hour almost every night. But you can't power-walk with a dog.
I have to stop before I cross each road. Not that he's learning any road sense. I have to stop to hold him back from sniffing other dogs' butts. Nasty habit. I have to stop once, and sometimes twice, to pick up his poo. Who needs to go twice in an hour? That's just vindictive.
So, I'm adding in a morning power-walk this week. By myself. Just got back from my first one. It's once around the block, which is 2km. Small uphill, long downhill, nice long flat bit, nasty steep uphill to finish, topped off by the stairs up to the lounge. 20 minutes flat out.
And weather isn't going to put me off this week. Two walks a day, every day.

5 comments:

Mary said...

LOL, I can just imagine the repetition. WALK WEEK, now this sounds great! Not stopping gets your rhythm going too. I started with 20 minutes walks too and now walk for an hour. Morning is my favourite time to walk because it sets a good pace for the rest of the day. Night time is great for that sexy night time air. Have fun!

Margaret said...

LOL. I am still laughing at your 'vindictive' dog. I have just joined the Winter Walking Challenge that Mary posted about so I will be having a walk week too :) Your hill sound like a killer. Have a fantastic day and enjoy your walks..

Kt said...

LOL - u know the Aus girls probably couldn't handle a week of kiwi accent on vid :P good on ya for deciding to do a morning walk, what a great start to the day!

Anonymous said...

Wow - have just caught up again on your blog and can't believe how well you aer doing! What an amazing loss and well done on the change in exercise!

Have another great week:)

Leighanne said...

Good luck with walk week!
...what is wrong with Aussie accents?...lol