Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Moving right along

Okay, the swimming thing was a bit of a bust! I'm feeling better now, but not supposed to go in the pool for a couple of weeks.

So, on Sunday I bought a bike. I wasn't intending to buy a bike for the triathlon, thinking I could just borrow one for a couple of months. But one of the stores was having a receivership sale, so I picked up a good mountain bike for 2 hundy.

I haven't ridden it yet, as I haven't got a helmet. But I'll get one this week and go for my first ride this weekend. I have a friend who is training for the tri too, so we're going to ride around the South Coast and reward ourselves with a coffee at a beachside cafe afterwards.

Jogging, swimming, gym, riding - this weight loss journey has brought so many new things to my life, apart from just a change in eating habits.

10 comments:

Learning Leaders said...

That sounds wonderful Sue - also you must feel really proud of all the new things you now let yourself get involved in. Glad you are feeling a bit better and have fun riding your bike.

Mary said...

WHOO HOO another cyclist! It's great to be doing so many new things and loving it :-)

Anonymous said...

The weight loss journey has added so many other interests in your life! Makes you wonder what we did before??

Margaret said...

And after a good long ride there is nothing better than going for a calming swim. Hope the ride goes fantastically well and you enjoy your coffee :)

Sue said...

M, if you mean a swim in the sea - not on the Wellington South Coast at this time of year, sweetheart!

Nancy Bou said...

Congratulations on your new bike! I agree Sue ... NZ waters far to cold for swimming! (I live in the South Island!)

Are you going to name your bike?

Have a great week

:o)

Felicity said...

great price for bike wow. You are doing so well.You rock

Kt said...

you are becoming quite the sporty lady! welldone!

Kathryn said...

Sounds fun. I'd love to get a bike but I'm a chicken.

Suzy said...

You will have so much fun on your bike. Post a pic when u can.