Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Progress

My first official week of NoCount saw a loss of 2.4kg. A pretty damn fine effort, really. I weighed myself daily at home, so I could track my progress and do some experimentation.

Things I've learned:
Portion sizes still are really important. You can 'eat freely' from the restricted food list. This really means have a reasonable sized meal, it doesn't mean inhale a bucketload of food.
I've got much better at asking myself 'Are you actually hungry?'. The answer is usually no.
I'm enjoying the freedom of not counting. I'm choosing foods I want to eat (off the list!) instead of trying to work out what will make me feel the fullest for the smallest number of points.

Basically, I'm really enjoying NoCount. But it could just be because I've been counting points for a year and was overdue for a change.

I'll keep you posted.

13 comments:

Mary said...

WOW, I am blown away. Good going Sue! Maybe that's how I can lose my last couple. Thinking...

Kate said...

WOW!! Well done on a fantastic loss - but not only that, it sounds like it is making you think a lot about what you are doing which is possibly an even greater plus! :-)

michelle said...

Very impressive Sue. You really have thi sweight loss under control. Think I might need to actually read the NO Count books an dthink about it.............

Anonymous said...

Excellent loss Sue. I haven't been here for a while, and you look fabulous!!!!

Keep up the great work.

Jods.

Margaret said...

It's really great to get a perspective from someone who hasn't seen No Count as a way to "inhale bucket loads of food" as seems to be the norm. I think it is on the right road to teach people how to listen to their bodies, and with the structure of counting behind you I think it will be very successful.

Congratulations on your great loss Sue. A 47.4kg loss on any weight journey is just AMAZING.

Hope you have a fabulous week :D

Karen said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Awesome loss especially so close to goal! Less than 7 kilos to go now is that right??? :) Fantastic work!

Anne said...

Great loss Sue - that's amazing!!! Pleased that No Count is working for you - Lots of good ideas there but finding some of the choices a bit limited - but that's just me!

Leyzafool said...

Woohooo!!! You can do your funky chicken boogie dance now Sue, you're on your way to goal. Just around the corner!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done!! I knew this would suit you. Mind you it's not for everyone but for you I always thought it would be just what the doctor ordered!!! Keep up the good work and you'll be at goal and in the WW magazine as slimmer of the year before you know it!!! XXX

Suzy said...

Not only "slimmer of the year" but move over Fergie, I think you dear Smaller Sue should be the new WW face!
Well done!!!! Sure gives a good wrap for NoCount!

Sekhmet said...

Hi Sue,

Thanks for popping over and leaving a comment on my blog :)

Awesome work you've done - and a triathlon no less!!!! What an inspiration :)

I look forward to reading the rest of your blog and following your progress :)

Beki x

Lee-Anne said...

What a fantastic loss, you're getting so close to goal. You'll be there faster than you realise.

Ang said...

That is pretty darn impressive!
:)