Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bit of an update

I've had a very blog-slack week. Shit happens, we don't always get everything done.

Stuff that did get done:

WELLINGTON TORE AUCKLAND A NEW ONE AND MADE THE AIR NEW ZEALAND CUP FINAL.

Had a very nice weekend. Mark and I flew to Auckland on Saturday morning (all very kindly paid for by the business). We did a spot of shopping, checked in at the Quest and then had a late, lazy lunch at Iguacu. Because this is Parnell, darling, and one must be seen in the right places.

Mooched about for the rest of the afternoon and then went off to the ball. Mark always looks very dashing in black tie.

Yes, I did get a new frock and, no, it wasn't black. Actually it was orange. Will post a photo when I get them - the only one taken was by the official photographer at the ball, so I have to wait for them to go up on the website.

The ball was very pleasant - I know that sounds a bit boring, but it was a work thing and we only knew 2 other people there!

Lazy Sunday - I walked to the Rose Gardens while Mark had a sleep-in, then we had brunch at Mink. Dropped him at the airport in the afternoon - he ended up flying to Wellington twice after the flight got turned back with mechanical difficulties.

It was lovely to have a weekend of just us - no teenagers, no motorbikes, no cooking, no housework.

DID I MENTION WELLINGTON WON THE RUGBY?

I'm still in Auckland till Wednesday - with the bloggers' dinner to look forward to tonight. It will be such fun to meet everyone - and catch up with the two I've already met.

I will take my camera to this one, but won't be able to load photos till I get home to Wellington.

WELLINGTON RUGBY ROCKS!

The knee really isn't doing so well. Still quite swollen. When I wake up in the morning I can't even bend it. I started on Voltaren yesterday, which is already making a difference. I went to the gym last night, but only did upper body resistance work. I then iced my knee several times last night, and then again this morning after my walk.

I have an appointment with the physio in Wellington on Wednesday, so no need to nag me about that!

And if anyone wonders what I'm doing on Saturday night? Watching Wellington play Waikato in the provincial rugby final, of course!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Will look forward to your pic.

Hope your knee improves quickly.

Who did you say won the rugby? LOL.

Good luck in the final.

Ang said...

Go WELLINGTON! lol

Hang on... are you a rugby fan Sue? :P

Anonymous said...

So I guess you're a rugby fan eh? We never would have guessed!! haha. Sounds like a gorgeous weekend.
Bri