Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fitness focus

Last night after work Craig went to have a couple of beers with one of his sons, so I went for a walk on my own for a change.

I needed some stuff for dinner, so walked to the supermarket in Thorndon (instead of the one straight across the road), and walked there the looooong way, which took me half an hour.

With my backpack weighing an extra 5 kilos or so, I then walked back a different way - 40 minutes this time, with plenty of hills as well.

While walking, I found myself doing those things I used to do when I was really committed to fitness and weightloss. You know, things like taking the longer way around, or choosing the route with the big hill in it, or skipping the slow song on my ipod because I always inadvertently slow down.

And I felt really great when I got home - I could feel how hard I'd worked - even if I didn't move my butt like M.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm...Tat's so nice of u buddy,u have worked out in different way.
keep up the gud work

Suzy said...

You are getting truly motivated again. well done!

Jenny said...

Well done Sue. Nothing like a Wellington hill to get your muscles working...LOL. Have a good evening. :)

Helena said...

hill walking arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good on you! You know what I hate most at the supermarket? BULK BINS ... mmmmm lotsa yummies!

Chris H said...

Well done, I love doing that sort of thing too, just wish Palmy was as pretty to walk around as WEllington... I envy you that.

Apple2Hourglass said...

Good on you Sue, keep up the good work and maybe you'll eventually motivate ME too!! hahaha
and Yay it's Friday.

Margaret said...

It's funny how quickly we forget to go the long way around. Just doing it for a couple of days has made me realise how lazy and forgetful I had become. But I have my $5 bill with me today ($100 is a bit rich at the moment) and I will squeeze it tight until I pass someone selling a Legacy Badge and then it is all theirs..

Ewwwwww.

Have a great weekend - hope it is sunny and happy and that you find heaps of Welli high hills to climb :) (that sounded funny in my head when said with an accent but not so sure now LOL.

Anne said...

I was thinking last Sunday how lovely Wellington is to walk around - you are lucky, not much here apart from a few sheep!