Monday, June 27, 2005

I've found a happy place!

Feeling great after a lovely weekend. Revved up for a busy week at work and enjoying my current space in the world.
Quick weekend run-down:
Saturday
Sold lots of my big girl clothes and feel very 'cleansed' by the process of letting them go.
Walked to Jake's rugby - 3 bonus points (I never spend my bonus points)
Drove from Jake's rugby to the ER at Wellington Hospital after Jake fell in a tackle and looked like he had a broken left humerus. It's awful to see your great hulking teenager lying on the field crying. But all is (fairly) well, just some strained ligaments.
Took the dog for an extra-long walk - 5 bonus points.
In case you missed it, the All Blacks kicked some serious arse against a very average Lions team.
Ate less than my points for the day, despite a couple of lovely glasses of red while watching the rugby.
Sunday
Did my 1 hour kickboxing workout - 6 bonus points.
Took early coffee to my sister who had 9 13-year-old girls in her house for a slumber party. Really enjoyed being in a girly house for a change.
Decided not to do my usual 3 or 4 hours work on a Sunday afternoon, so feel much more rested than usual.
Watched the Warriors win, which we haven't seen much of in the last couple of years.
Took the dog for a walk - 4 bonus points.
Had roast lamb for dinner (yummy), but still stayed within my points for the day.
Saw lots of my lovely man, because he wasn't out riding.

So, nothing very exciting, but feeling rested and refreshed. I hope you all have a lovely week!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Sue, What a fantastic weekend, except the bit about Jake that is - hope he is feeling better and it's not too serious. I don't eat my bonus points either and I think that has made a huge impact on my weight loss to date. I love girly days. With 3 boys in this house I don't get it very often. LOL. Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Mary said...

Ouch, I hope Jake has a quick recovery. My little brother (20) plays semi-pro rugby and I cringe at all the injuries! I can't handle it very well. What a great weekend otherwise! I don't eat my bonus points either and I know that it helps with the weight loss for me. Have a great week!

Kt said...

Hope your boy is ok! what an active weekend you had - very inspiring! what a good wknd for nz rugby aye! i love the warriors old uniforms - i remember marc ellis wearing that!

Leighanne said...

Hope your son is feeling better!
Good on you for geting rid of your fat clothes:)