Saturday, June 25, 2005

Rrrrrrrugby!

I'm so excited. I can't believe I have to wait till tonight for the first All Blacks vs Lions test. Bring it on!
Filling my day with some of the usual Saturday busywork - tidying up, washing, filling water bottles for rugby etc. Went and picked up some cheap carpet I bought off TradeMe - it's for the garage! My man spends a lot of time in there working on his project bike, drinking coffee, smoking and reading about motorbikes. So it might as well be a bit more comfortable for him. And then I can use it to work out if the weather is too icky for walking - no ulterior motive there!
I'll be off to watch Jake play rugby soon - they're playing at home, so he's taken the car down with all the gear in it, and I'll walk. It's 25 minutes each way, and it's nice to walk without the dog occasionally. Jake having his licence has made it much easier to fit things like this in.
The other thing I've been doing is packing up some clothes to post - the ones I've sold on TradeMe. I've made more on selling clothes than I've spent on new clothes for me so far, which is a great feeling.
I thought I would be sad, selling some of my beautiful clothes, but it is actually quite therapeutic. I think it's all part of saying goodbye to the old me, and reinforcing that I'm not going to be that size again.

GO THE ALL BLACKS! KIA KAHA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to the game as well!

Good on you for getting rid of the too big clothes! I have done the same but know someone who is keeping in case she needs them again?

Mary said...

Hehe..rugby hey, I like the way people get into it. The spirit :-) Good going with the selling of your clothes! I am going to try it now, thanks.

Margaret said...

Yaaa and Australia thumped the Italians so I am happy today too :)

Go you with the selling. There is something definitely therapeutic about letting that part of your past go. No regrets, but it is now gone, and there is now space for a whole new you. Well done. And to make a bit of money - bonus!.

Have a wonderful day and for this match only - GO BLACKS ;)

Kt said...

We won! Yay!!!!!!!!!
Hey thats awesome your getting more for your clothes than your spending! whoohoo!