Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cycling

Nope, not the "fit and healthy, earn those bonus points" type of cycling!
The "I'm a week late, feel as bloated as the Goodyear blimp and so low on iron I could eat a truck" kind of cycling.
Except now I'm not a week late, so I just want to sit around in my dressing gown all day and eat grilled cheese on toast.
But I won't! (Eat cheese on toast, that is.) Although I did have a piece of lemon cake today, and it was very yummy. Stir-fried veggies for dinner mean I've managed to stay within my points.
But I certainly feel more like blobbing than blogging.
Oh for the days when this only lasted 3 days! Or when I was a teenager on the pill and it lasted just a few hours! Mind you, it will still be over in less than 5 days, so I guess I don't have too much to moan about. But I will moan if I want to.
Should make weigh-in tomorrow interesting. Especially because it's been raining most of the week and colder than the Arctic wastes, so I've had hardly any exercise.
For the Aussie readers - cold in Wellington means really cold! Nine degrees today. Okay, it's not the kind of cold that freezes the snot in your nose, but it's pretty damn bitter.
And bitter is exactly how I sound, so it's time to go and find my dressing gown and watch trashy TV.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

LOL at the frozen snot. Sounds marvellous. You almost make me feel guilty for having a sunny 18 degree winters day today - almost ;)

Don't you hate it when the not getting fitting cycling starts to get out of cycles. Damn confusing is what it is. It's great that you did not give in to the temptation of toasted cheese sandwiches. Well done Sue. Have fun watching TV.

Lori said...

Good luck to you on the weight loss. It's so hard, isn't it? I get discouraged having to think about every single thing I put into my mouth...and long for the days when I could eat anything I wanted and it wouldn't phase me. It was 99 degrees here yesterday..and the heat isn't conducive to exercising either! Hot or cold...it's a good day for television...

Me said...

Hi Sue - hope you are feeling better by the time you get this - take care of yourself and do the best that you can !
Me

Anonymous said...

Blob away - sometimes we need to do this!! Hope you are soon back to norm! I don't envy your cold day!

Leighanne said...

lol at the frozen snot - hope you are feeling better!

Jaykay said...

I hate the winter. I'm definitely a summer girl so can't wait for that sun to shine.

When I lived in the UK I'm sure that I had SAD. Used to be really down and out during the winter and only really came alive when it was warm and I was out in the sun....couldn't wait to get back to Oz!

Good for you not giving into those toasted cheese sandwiches...making my mouth water just thinking about them!!

Mary said...

A week late..mmm, do you think? I always get nervous when I'm late because I'm on the pill. Good on you for not eating the cheese on toast but hang on, that's not too bad. Say 1 point for 1 slice bread and 1 point for a kraft extra light slice of cheese. That makes it a 2 point snack yeah? But of course stopping at one is the hard part.

Good luck with weigh in and don't fret too much. You have been doing so well!

Jules said...

As for what Mary commented, if I am craving Cheese on toast I sure ain't gonna use light cheese slices. I am having hunks of colby or tasty with a sprinkling of chicken stock and some finely chopped garlic. And my slices of bread are 1.5pts. So I just have to stay away. Good on you for resisting.

Kt said...

I make cheese toasties in the panini press - i use 2 bits of molenburg balance bread - sandwhich slice, which is one pt but still a nice grainy bread - with 2 slices of mainland superlow fat cheese (not the most flavoursome but melts all nice & gooey) & sliced gherkin mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, only 3pts too

I totally understand ya re the cold!!!

Kate said...

Argh - hate feeling like that, but as you said - it will pass. :-) Hope tomorrow is better!