Sunday, July 24, 2005

Faster, fitter, funkier

I have been inspired by two different events recently. One was AGR's new shoes. The other was a somewhat unfortunate incident after my kickboxing workout this morning.
Until now I have been working out in a pair of stretch black pants I bought in Double Bay last year. I'm sure Maggie T didn't intend them to be workout pants, but they felt great to walk, leap and cavort in.
Thank goodness I work out at home, because when I got up from my floor stretches this morning MY PANTS FELL DOWN!
So, this afternoon, it was off to the outlet stores. I now have lovely new adidas shoes - not pink and lavender like AGR's, but baby blue and silver. And a great pair of navy blue workout pants.
When I took Moose for his walk tonight, he could barely keep up. My stride was longer, I was walking taller, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. I just know he wants new shoes too!
Now I may need to do something about the top half of the ensemble. My size 4 Platform tees are so baggy the short sleeves are past my elbows!

13 comments:

Me said...

Isn't that just the best feeling - when something which has fitted you falls off - I don't think that there is much to equal that feeling - well done !!! Have to love being able to buy new clothes because your others are too big for you !!!
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Anonymous said...

Funny - but you have to love that feeling of clothes slipping off! Your post this morning gave me a huge grin!

Suzy said...

That is so great about your falling pants! Well done for buying nice new shoes and pants.

Leighanne said...

Isn't it great when clothes are to big!!!

michelle said...

YOu are th eoriginal shrinking woman. I do kickboxing with a trainer. Do you use DVDs, which ones? I love my kickboxing and would love to be able to do it at home.

Felicity said...

Great effort i love your story of the parting pants I am sure Maggie T would be pleased to know u have lost so much to loose ya pants hehehe awesome effort

michelle said...

I have ordered that DVD so will be thinking of you when I try it out at the end of the week. Thanks.

Margaret said...

Whooo Hooo for a funkier Sue. And poor Moose not getting any new shoes. Maybe he can chew on your old ones.. I love the pants falling down. It would have been funnier in public, but still made me laugh :) Hope you had a great day today

Kt said...

whoohoo on the smaller & oh so funky new work out gears ;)

Mary said...

LOL this is great! I love buying new clothes now because it's amazing to really notice the difference in buying *smaller clothes*. WHOOT, well done!

Anonymous said...

Sue thanks for the comments on my blog...i have been reading through yours and you are a very funny and wonderful woman and your journey is inspiring
keep up the good work
Simone

Anonymous said...

OMG you make me laugh. I love kickboxing!!! love it but would be so embarrased with the pants falling down but I suppose it is a good reason for it and I bet in a way it made you feel like Wohoooo you have achieved that and you HAD to go and get a new pair of pants he he he he LOL

Kate said...

Woohoo for new shoes, and loose clothes, and new clothes!! :-) I'm on the lookout for some more work out pants, also. Where did you end up getting your pants?