Monday, October 24, 2005

Odd happenings in my bedroom

If you think this is a post about kinky sex, you will be disappointed.

I had about 40 teenagers at my house yesterday. I don't think they were having kinky sex either. At least not at that stage of the evening.

They were all there about 5pm, dressed in their good suits and pretty frocks (boys in suits, girls in frocks). I was holding the pre-ball party, complete with food and (temporarily) non-alcoholic punch. They preened and flirted and tried to drink enough to get a bit of a buzz without having so much they wouldn't be allowed into the ball. It was lots of fun.

Then just before 7 the bus they'd organised came and whisked them away.

I was left with my empty house and not too much cleaning up - except I had to wash the kitchen floor three times.

So what of the bedroom happenings?

Just before everyone arrived, I brought in a load of washing. And left it in the basket on my bed. After they'd gone, I discovered my washing had been folded. And sorted into piles. My undies. Mark's undies. Mark's socks. My tops. Mark's tee-shirts. There was one seriously disturbed 16 or 17 year old in that group of kids.

18 comments:

Mary said...

Bwahaha..that is the first thing that sprung to mind ;-) What a wonderful suprise to find all your clothes folded!! Now that is a little weird, maybe even kinky but good for you either way. I hope you have a great week!

Suzy said...

OMG, how weird! Some poor lonely girl who was too shy to tell the boy that she liked him, so she folded your washing instead?!

Kate said...

Lol, that is hilarious! Maybe it was a nerves thing - they needed something to do with their hands :-)

Leighanne said...

...lol..whoever did the folding would be welcome here anytime!

Jaykay said...

LOL! Everyone around me has just looked my way as I've just had a coughing fit due to the mixture of coffee in mouth and loud laugh!!

Absolutely hilarious!

Kathryn said...

WOW that is weird! I just about fell off my chair laughing at that :)

Kathryn said...

Way to mess with people's heads...lol.

Chubbymum said...

I was laughing so hard that my husband wanted to know what I was laughing at and so I read it out!!! he was laughing too!! Thanks! Sometimes we need something like that. I do think what a nice thing they did for you... maybe they were just showing their appreciation for having the pre ball party??

Chubbymum

Margaret said...

It's not the pictures you took of them all dressed up that I would be concerned about but the photo's they took of themselves with your smalls.

This was just too hilarious for words.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

That's really funny... It is really great to read your posts.. Well done on all your hard work!! I have about 10 kilos till I am in a healthy weight range.. scary and cool!!

http://1984totoday.blogspot.com

CaramelKitKat said...

Send 'em to my place - will provide drinks!

Rachel said...

Hah hah! How funny!!! : )
Yes, it isn't normal for a person, let alone someone elses teenager, to fold the washing... hmmmm : )

Nancy Bou said...

Thanks for making me laugh today (although I read it at work and it did make me look rather odd when I laughed at my computer!).
I agree .. herd the kids up and send them round here! They could fold washing to their hearts content

:o)

Kt said...

lol - not possible it was the hubby or the son??

michelle said...

How sweet. I love the idea of a preball party... It would have been wonderful to see them all dressed up and excited, I bet you were one proud mum.

philippa_moore said...

How weird, but how sweet as well. Sometimes teenagers are more caring than we give them credit for.

Baby Bump Wanted said...

Thats funny.
thats nice of the stange 16 year old.
funny
also i notice you are still doing well with the losses

well done fiona

ludsi loo said...

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahha!!!!!!!!! you should have those kids over more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) how sweet :) xxoxoxo