Saturday, October 15, 2005

A plan so cunning...

One of the things I decided when I started on the weight loss thing, was that I don't want to be the heaviest in our house anymore. Fair enough, and at 35kg lost I no longer out-weigh everyone else by more than 50kg!

But with the guys both hovering around the 80/81kg mark, I'm still a good 15kg over.

So, I've come up with a two-pronged attack to counter this.
Prong 1 - I keep losing weight - obvious and easy!
Prong 2 - make one of them get heavier. How cunning is that.

I figure that at age 48 and having held the same weight for over 10 years, Mark is a lost cause.

So Jake will have to be the victim of my evil plan.

I started the attack this morning by weighing him. 80.4kg. This is going to take some work.

I then pointed out that while that was a respectable enough weight for a winger, locks need more bulk (he changed from winger to lock near the end of this rugby season). Especially because lots of our forwards are 100kg plus.

So we decided 90kg would be a good mark to aim for, and he has till March before weigh-in for next season.

Our 1st XV gets free gym membership at the local rugby club and will start summer training soon. They each get a position-specific training programme - Jake will need to build up his thighs and shoulders in particular.

So, once he starts that, I'm going to help him increase his protein intake and generally improve his nutrition so he can add bulk. Then hopefully he won't get snapped like a twig when contact training starts.

And the great thing is - he thinks I'm doing all this with his best interests at heart!

Poor sod doesn't suspect a thing.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

He he :0)

I have evil thoughts like this about my sister. If I could just fatten her up a bit, I'll look smaller :o)

Elisa said...

LMAO that is one wicked plan....but a very good plan *insert evil laugh*
you really do have his best interests at heart....

well done on the 35.9kg gone

Briony said...

Well done on your loss! Wow, how fantastic, you must feel amazing. I love your plan, unfortunately it won't work at my house. DH is already 48 kilos heavier than me and DS only weighs 12 kilos (he's 16 months old). Oh, I just realised, this plan would work for DH, not me! D'oh.
LOL
Thanks for your comment on my blog, i'm sure 40 will be great,my life is getting better every day and next year is just looking so much better. I'll be sure to let you know though!
As we speak the Aussies and Kiwis are going head to head in the League and the score is even - it's been NZ all the way before that! Some friendly rivalry here - GO AUSSIES!!
Have a great night.
Bri

Briony said...

I've just been reading through some of your previous posts, you are hilarious and have a sense of humour surprisingly similar to mine. I've not laughed so much for ages.
Hope you don't mind if I keep an eye on you and add you to my blog list, I need cheering up often and you're the woman for the job I reckon!
Cheers!
Bri

CaramelKitKat said...

Like your style...

What about a nice little incentive...like getting him a pair of funky jeans that he needs to grow (not shrink) himself into?? Just make sure he keeps his old ones for you.

Anonymous said...

you are an evil woman:)

Mary said...

Bwahahaha, Prong 2 hey...hilarious! You are too funny and a good woman who knows how to turn a good thing for someone else, to her advantage :-) Have a great Sunday.

Suzy said...

LOL, you are such a thoughtful mother!

jak said...

hahahaha! I love it!

Margaret said...

LMAO. You kind mother you!

Kellee said...

Your blog is very funny. I laugh every time! And I laughed a lot at this one. Lucky DS - you are so good to him!

Felicity said...

sneaky plan girl hehehe

Kate said...

Lol, you sly thing :-)

michelle said...

Whatan evil mother with an ulterior mother..he he// I love it. Of course make sure the 10 kg he finds comes directly from you!!

Kathryn said...

devious! I'm hoping to be the thinnest at work soon cos most of the other girls are pregnant.

Leighanne said...

What a sneaky mother you are...lol..

Rachel said...

Hah hah! What a smart and cunning plan! ; )

Kt said...

LOL, what a great lil plan! but i am sure Jake will appreciate some extra muscle tone, can't hurt him as a rugby player!
gosh Sue, 35.9kg, isnt it about time for a progress pic!!