Friday, December 30, 2005

No place like home

Well, we've been home for a few days now. I didn't manage to blog as much as I thought I would while I was away, and also haven't managed to catch up on what everyone else is doing. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

Jake and I came home on Tuesday. We'd intended to make it a two-day journey, but just wanted to get home and into our own beds. So we did the 12-hour drive in one go - much easier now he can share the driving.

In the three weeks since my last weigh-in, I've put on 1.1kg. I'm fairly happy with that, considering all the eating, drinking and being merry that's been going on. I know my exercise helped counter many of my excesses, so thank goodness for that. As a sample of the temptations that came my way, here is the dessert spread one of my sisters prepared for the anniversary party:

YUMMY!

It was lovely to been surrounded by family, and for a good length of time, instead of a rushed weekend. For my two nieces from Adelaide (born in Nova Scotia), this was the first Christmas they've had with their cuzzies.

We had a tree at the camping ground, and the tents were decorated for the occasion. Everyone gathered for present-opening in the morning, then we had Xmas dinner at Mum and Dad's - very traditional, with ham, turkey, roast lamb on the spit and all the trimmings. Another magical array of desserts, including pumpkin pie and, of course, more pavlova.

Here are the two youngest nieces, being shooed back to their tent with their stockings, under strict instructions not to emerge until 7.30am:


A wonderful holiday, with some wonderful memories. But wonderful to be home!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Only 1.1 kgs in 3 weeks is top work with all that temptation around. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas :)

Briony said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Well done on your small gain. Happy New Year! Thanks for your support this year. I look forward to sharing our journies together next year!
All the best for 2006,
Bri

Esther said...

Hi there! Im glad you had a wonderful christmas Sue, that dessert table looks amazing!! It has been wonderful sharing your journey in 2005 and I look forward to reading your blog in the new year.

Love Est xox

PS on another note, I would love to get my hands on a pumpkin pie recipe... can you help??

Julie's Journey said...

I'm with you... sometimes there is no place like home and your own bed. Sounds like a wonderful holiday and 1.1 kg, well I can put that on in a week! You did good. Happy New Year and talk to you next year.
Julie

Felicity said...

Good to have u home again Sue.
Happy Healthy and Safe New Year to you and your family.
Hugs

M@rla said...

Oh that food looks good! What is that round, pinkish thing on the left?

Don't worry about the 1.1 kg, you'll drop it fast. When I got home, the scale said I'd gained 10 pounds!! But I've already dropped 8 in two days; obviously a lot of it is temporary bloat.