Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year, everyone!

Well, 2006 has dawned, and it's going to be another great year.

Mark and I had a fairly quiet New Year's Eve - went to King Kong with friends and then out for dinner.

That left the house free for Jake to have 20 or so friends round for drinks. They all took off into town about 11, so when we got home the house was empty - and not too much of a mess.

Just picked up all the cans and bottles, wiped a few benches down and left the floors etc for Jake to do today. I heard him come home around 4am, so I don't expect the cleaning will be done too soon! There was a bottle of spray and wipe and a cleaning cloth left in our bathroom. I'm figuring someone was a bit the worse for wear - but at least it got cleaned up!

I'm just easing into the day - the gym doesn't open until 9am, so I have an excuse. It's going to be another gorgeous day here.

Best wishes for the New Year, everyone!

I'll probably got shot for being unpatriotic, but I think King Kong is one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen.

13 comments:

Mary said...

Hehe...I don't particularly want to see King Kong so no offence taken here :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR SUE! It sounds like you are starting the year off well and relaxed. Will be catching up with your blog this week. Cheers!

Suzy said...

Happy New Year Sue!

CaramelKitKat said...

No interest in seeing KK either, but cannot bag it unless I've seen it, so I will leave that to you.

Glad you had a good night. NYE is overrated and they best ones I have had have been plain old tea with friends. How nice is it to wake up with a clear head??!

Chubbymum said...

Wow it sounds like you have such a great son there. Not many kids would leave the house without too much of a mess and clean up nasty stuff in the bathrooms he he he...

I reckon each to it's own on movies... not everyone can like the same movie and sometimes I go to movies and think what a load of crap and how can it win so many awards like Lord of the Rings... I so could not get into all the death and darkness of it but others thought it was fantastic...

I do think it would have been a hard one to do and I praise him for that but not a movie I would like to see twice that is for sure.

Have a Happy New Year Sue.

Love Chubbymum

Yummy Mummy said...

Happy new year to you also.... thanks for the heads up on King Kong - I didn't think it would be my cup of tea anyway!!

Julie's Journey said...

King Kong probably would not be my cup of tea either. Glad you had a good New Years Eve.
:o)

Briony said...

Gee your son sure is a good kid. Pity about KK, I was thinking about seeing it but i'll give it a miss now, heaps of people have told me it was crap! haha
Have a great day! It's 43 degrees here and very unbearable.
Bri

Learning Leaders said...

Happy New Year Sue....here's looking forward to a great year too.lb

Kate said...

Happy New Year!! Welcome home, and glad you haven't put too much on - 1.1 seems so small compared to what it could be!! Well done!

Kt said...

Happy new year sue! all the best for the year ahead! I'm not hearing good things about king kong & i didnt really want to see it anyway

Anonymous said...

lol I had to comment on King Kong. I agree. I liked some bits but it was way way too long, the story could have been done in half the time.
Debbie

Wenchy said...

Thanks for the warning re King Kong!

Esther said...

Thanks for your comments Sue! A belated best wished for the year ahead. How is your training going? Im off to Melbourne for orthotics next week, I hope this means Ill be able to start back into some running again. I think King Kong sounds rather crap as well, Id rather spend the movie money on a bottle of red and a good book!