Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In hot water

Another of those strange side effects...

I've always liked my showers and baths really HOT. If Mark used the shower after me he always complained I was trying to scald him!

Now, however, I can't handle the water hot at all - it's more like tepid.

So, did all those layers of blubber used to insulate me against the heat? Illogical, when you consider the nerve-endings are in the skin. Maybe it's related to my fitness or some other physiological change?

At least we won't squabble over the temperature in the spa bath at the motel in Taupo this weekend!

8 comments:

Briony said...

Oh - sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned! At least there's no "slow lane" in the spa!! haha
Bri

Lucinda said...

I've been to Taupo - got a rock, don't ask me where it is...

Enjoy the spa...but not too hot now :)

philippa_moore said...

I still like my showers hot! Must be the throwback of surviving too many Tasmanian winters.

Thank you for enlightening me about the Duff children and what happened to them, I thought it might have been a disease like that. Is it a well known tale in Wellington? Where might I find out more?

Hope the triathlon training continues to go well, and enjoy your weekend in Taupo! I was sad that it was pouring with rain the day we were there :( it looked lovely.

Enjoy the spa!

Suzy said...

Oooooh! I love spas. I think the bubbles make them feel hotter anyway. Have fun.

Me said...

I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy your spa. Please give my love to Lake Taupo when you are there - I am sure she will remember us skipping stones into her !!!!
Cheers -Me

michelle said...

I loevteh spa too hot so hasn't affected me. Have a bll at Taupo. We thought it was absolutely gorgeous.

CaramelKitKat said...

Maybe you now find the cooler water more refreshing??

Your talking about it has made me want a spa, except I can't have one as the boy has a keg of beer brewing in it. His ingenious idea for keeping the temperature right, and unfortunately, it works.

Enjoy Taupo.

Mary said...

A spa in Taupo sounds devine! I like my showers, baths, spas hot :-)