Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolve

As I've got back into wandering through people's blogs, I see lots of comments about New Year's resolutions. Lots of people are making them; many also comment on how they think they're a waste of time, or have never been able to keep them in the past.

I've never been big on resolutions myself - if asked I'll usually reply 'This year I resolve to take up a new vice' or 'My resolution is to never make resolutions'.

But something is different this year. Most of the blogs I read show their authors have no need for New Year's resolutions. These people have shown enormous reslove already in the last year - losing weight, getting fit, improving their lifestyle.

I'd like to applaud you all for what you achieved in 2005 and encourage you to keep going in 2006. I'm certainly proud of myself, and you should all be proud of yourselves too.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Yes, I agree we should all be very proud of ourselves and isn't it great we can share our achievements with our blogging friends.

Kathryn said...

I like the idea of taking up a new vice. Just got to think of one I don't already have.

Briony said...

I'm trying to give up my vices aswell! LOL. Welcome back. Have a great week. At least its a short one.
Bri

Julie's Journey said...

I think sometimes resolutions are just affirmations of what we already know.
I dont think I need any further vices at the moment but I promise I will keep an open mind. LOL.
:o)

Catherine said...

I agree, and even though I was doing really well in the latter half of last year, I still feel I'm having a fresh start at the beginning of this year - so I don't go stale!