Friday, February 24, 2006

Quick update

One thing I discovered when I went to WW on Wednesday - I'm 174cm tall, not 176cm. I choose to believe this is due to a previous mis-measurement, rather than old-age shrinkage! Luckily I don't need to change my goal weight of 76kg.

After just two days of following NoCount, my home scales show a loss of 1.8kg. Much of this will be due to the fact that I am back to my earlier discipline with regards to sneak-eating! This means I get to show a 2.2kg loss on my side bar this week - I was expecting a couple of big losses due to the change in programme, so if I can get a couple of weeks like that I'll be more than happy!

Early impressions of the new programme:
What a relief to not count points all the time.
Only being able to have fruit and veges as snacks actually seems to make planning the day easier.
We are late dinner eaters in our house (often not eating till 8pm or later due to everyone's sports commitments) so I need to make sure I don't have my lunch too early and that I have a snack when I get home from work so I don't get too ravenous.
After dinner is still going to be tough for me - it's a danger time for sneak-eating. Last night I solved it with a couple of nectarines and some WW jelly. Some nights I'll use a couple of my 21 points to have a treat, but I want to keep that to a minimum for the first couple of weeks.
Looks like I need to plan well - at the moment I'm planning each day the evening before.

It's early days, so it will be interesting to see how my opinions change.

Today's weigh-in means I now have less than 10kg to go!

11 comments:

Anne said...

I'm impressed with the great start on the No Count plan!! I'm thinking seriously..... My one thing I would miss on the plan is the limit of only 2 slices of bread - how do you find that or isn't it a problem for you.

Thanks for your lovely comments to me and as I said I'm thinking seriously about the No count plan - will get my book out after our weekend away and go over it.

Suzy said...

OMG! Well done on the great loss! Sounds like it is really going to work for you.

Kris said...

What a great loss and only having 10kgs to go you are awesome and an inspiration. I am starting back on the no count this week as I find it great not having to count points it is good for a change.
Keep up the good work and have a good week.

Kris:)

Me said...

WOW - well done on the fantastic loss. Less than 10kgs to go - you really are on the downward slopes now - keep up the great job you are doing.
I am glad that No Count is working for you - I had a read of it but just couldn't see how I could work it in given I'm not a fruit person !!!
Have a great weekend.
Me

Briony said...

Well done Sue, what a great loss. I can't imagine how good it feels having less than 10kg to go. Congratulations, you've come such a long way and you are such an inspiration to us laggers!!
Bri

Ang said...

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 GOAL!!!

You are soooooo close!!!

Good luck with the no count, it will be interesting to see how you find it!

Karen said...

Woooohoooo great loss Sue! And wow less than 10 kilos till goal! That must be a fantastic feeling!
YOU ROCK! :)

Kate said...

Wow - not long to go now!! Well done!

Lucinda said...

Less than 10! That is brilliant Sue...I am so proud of you.

Have a great weekend?

What is Wellington like around Christmas??

Mary said...

Whoot, only 10kgs to go! They'll go quicker than you think with your super commitment and attitude :-)

Margaret said...

Yaaaaaay. Less than 10kgs. Can't wait to see how you tackle maintenance :) And at this rate that won't be too far away