Thursday, July 06, 2006

More from my walk...



















There are these handy distance markers around the waterfront at Oriental Bay. I've never managed to find the starting point, though.



















Wellington is a great city for coffee. Unfortunately, the very funky Havana coffee caravan wasn't open for business.



















But the lovely people at Caffe Eis soothed my craving for a trim flat white to go.


















Wellington Railway Station was my turnaround point. Time for a toilet stop and to stock up on water. Very quiet on a Sunday - nothing like the weekday commuter hell.



















There are some great buildings on the waterfront, both old and modern. Lots of pubs, shops and eating places. There are green spaces and playgrounds, sculpture and sculptural looking bridges. Is this collection in front of the rowing club art or marine junk that was too hard to haul away?



Almost home. Ours is the second townhouse from the left. The only problem is, now that I've walked over 21km on the flat, I have to climb the hill to the house.

12 comments:

Margaret said...

What an adventure. Hope the hill didn't finish you off :D

And I think it was marine junk LOL

Kathryn said...

I want to go for a huge walk now... and have a coffee.

Great photos.

Melli said...

BRAVO!!! We know you made it up the hill because you got to your computer! You really did find some of the most interesting things on your walk! When I was looking at the "stuff" in front of the rowing club, I thought some of it looked like a water pump? You know the old hand pumps? I was wondering what that was all about! Well art or rubbish ... you've turned it IN to art! :) Now my only question is a need for a translation. Trim flat white... is that a vanilla latte made with skim? And no whipped cream? If so I like your version better! We have to say skinny vanilla latte, no whip. Trim flat white is more concise.

Suzy said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! Fancy being fit enough to take photos while walking 21km! You are amazing!

The Relentless Reader said...

Really lovely photos..I felt like I was walking with you. :)

Ang said...

ARGHH the hill. lol.

Leighanne said...

What lovely scenery to see whilst walking....nothing but paddocks where I walk:)

Kt said...

wow, what an effot Sue! great pictorial too!

Mary said...

Wow again! Your posts inspire me to do the same around Sydney. It's amazing how beautiful our own cities are when we actually *look* and take a nice long walk around.

M@rla said...

What a gorgeous place to walk!

Ails said...

Wow - great photos! And what a super fantastic effort on your walk! So impressed!

Laura Bora from Bufadora said...

I love these pictures!! What a beautiful place to walk.