Monday, July 17, 2006

Think thighs!

When I arrived at work this morning, only one of the four elevators was working.

I have officially declared today a 'use the stairs' day.

My car is parked three storeys down in the basement of the building across the road. I work on the fourth floor of this building. I have already been to my car twice today.

My clients are one floor down and the courier room is two floors down. I always use the stairs for these anyway - and I go to each about half a dozen times a day.

I also live in the three storey house

That's a lot of stairs.

That's damn good for the thighs and glutes.

Forget about just one day. I'm making this a 'use the stairs' week.

Care to join me?

10 comments:

Karen said...

No stairs at home... but when at work I will make an effort to use the stairs but not from the ground as I am Lvl 9! LOL If I wasn't pregnant and still gyming then I would make that a challenge but between floors during the day etc I WILL use the stairs as I am getting a bit lazy with this pregnancy I feel!
Have a good week.

Ails said...

What a great plan for the week :) I'm in, though I'm not faced with all the storeys you are, but I'll attack them with gusto :) Have a great week Sue!

Kathryn said...

I don't have much choice - we only have stairs at work. Still it's only one flight so not too bad :)

Sounds like you'll be burning uber calories this week.

Rachel said...

Yep I'm in!
I work on the third floor but our main floor (office/mail room) is on the second, so I have already made quite a few trips this morning. Will be walking up and down the whole three stories lunchtime and after work...YAY, I feel my legs burning already LOL.

Chubbymum said...

If I had stairs at work I would!!! But my work is flat ho hum. But I will park further away from work though... DEAL.

Chubbymum

Felicity said...

Good on you with your stair adventure.

Ang said...

Damn only one set of stairs at home, and none at school!

Those legs will be getting mighty toned. ;)

Go you good thing.

Margaret said...

Love your blog template Sue. Really nice.

And I think I will have another talk to Security tomorrow and see if we can work out a deal whereby I can use the stairs. At the moment if we open the door to the stairwell it sounds an alarm at the security desk. I know that I won't be able to walk up the stairs when I enter the building (as the doors won't open from the inside) but I should be able to at least walk down them each time I leave the building. I'll get back to you with a progress report LOL.

Thanks for the push :D

Leighanne said...

I have a two and a half story house with a bathroom on both levels. I always go to the bathroom on the opposite level to the one I am on:)

Mary said...

Stairs are our friend and they let you know it too!