Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Feeling the effects

Two work days into my 'use the stairs' week.

Quadraceps are very tight and so are the hip flexors. Butt feels fine (and I reckon it looks pretty fine these days, too!).

Have questioned the sanity of this idea a couple of times today, but I'm figuring I'll break through the pain barrier sometime tomorrow.

Stupid moments so far:
  • Automatically got in the lift and went down to the ground floor - so I went back up to level 4 and walked down
  • Dropped my car keys while walking up - they fell down three flights. I guess that's one way to add in extra steps!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Did you say a bad word when you dropped the keys? I would have!

Karen said...

LOL @ Kathrynoh's comment as I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing! LOL And I bet it would have been the same word too!!!
Keep up the good work... we MUST catch up some time soon!

Kate said...

Good on you! I used to walk up and down the stairs on night shift at Auckland Hospital to try and keep myself awake - and also when I worked at Family Planning (sit down job), and used to do a couple of flights just to stretch my legs. Hard work though!!

Briony said...

Ha ha ha, I reckon I know the word I would have said and it would be the same one the other girls would have said too, and boy oh boy it would have echoed in the stair well. LMAO.
Bri

Chubbymum said...

I know that I would have said a couple of bad words that is for sure... Good on you for going to the 4th floor etc... it is habit taking the lift sometimes isn't it.. but for you to do that extra stair climb is an inspiration.

Love CM

Nicole said...

It's embarassing how hard stairs can be, isn't it?! We have stairs at work that I don't find too bad, but somehow in the evenings when I walk up the stairs at home I can be hffing and puffing.

Felicity said...

Couple of weeks ago a was walking the stair well at hosptial and the cheap Avon ring I was wearing nearly feel off my finger and would have gone down the stairs neverto be retrieved so can see the picture. I have taken to walking on the spot at work when it is slow and no customers at least I feel like I am doing something not just standing around looking daft....walk on spot looking daft instead

Ails said...

Well done so far! I love that you re-did those steps after taking the lift - that's commitment girl :)