Monday, July 31, 2006

Words of wisdom from Mel Gibson

I know, there are so many things wrong with that statement. But bear with me.

I was having my usual lazy Sunday morning yesterday. Mark was off riding his motorbike and Jake was who knows where sleeping off Saturday night's party.

So, all I had to do was watch rubbishy movies, in between doing loads of washing (22 rugby jerseys, 20 pairs of rugby shorts, 21 and a half pairs of rugby socks).

What Women Want was playing - the one where Mel Gibson can hear what women are thinking. Towards the end he was moping around his palatial (they're never anything else in the movies) apartment, missing Helen Hunt, who he'd managed to get fired about the same time as he realised she was The One For Him.

He wandered over to the fridge, stared into it for a moment, muttered "You won't find her in there" and closed it again.

See. I told you. Words of wisdom from Mel Gibson.

Yes, folks, emotional eating neatly summarised by American movie magic.

9 comments:

Mary said...

What a revelating moment! That's hilarious :-)

Ails said...

An insightful comment from the ol' Mel - just a little bit of a contrast from the stuff he was spewing out when arresting in the States recently. But then, someone else wrote the words he used in the movie (I'd put money on it that it was a woman!).

Have a great week Sue :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, Love that movie...know it intimitly... that line is so true. Love reading your blog... am quite a regular. Just don't usually comment. Kind thoughts and lots of encourgement your way.

Lynne said...

That was great! I think that might pop into my mind next time I'm looking for comfort/entertainment/happiness in my fridge.
Oh, and I totally agree with ails; that had to be written by some insightful woman who has often spent time gazing into her own refrigerator!

Picasso's Muse said...

Wise words from Mel. I was bemused when I read this headline and wanted to see where it was going. An ironic choice after his headline-making behaviour over the weekend :)

Jules said...

I too was expecting a follow up of the headline but loved what I did find. How true, how many times have I stood with the fridge door open looking in for the fifteenth time that day, and seeing nothing that really appeals but reaching for anything that is going to head straight to the hips.

Melli said...

Hmmm... so true. However... if I could find Mel Gibson in MY refrigerator it would help a LOT of things! (I wouldn't let him stay cold for long)

Margaret said...

What a crack up. Wonder if it works for the pantry too LOL.

Thanks for the laugh - gotta love Mel :D

M@rla said...

Heh. Too true.

Sometimes you can find wisdom in the weirdest places. One of my big revelatory movies is "Revenge of the Nerds: Part II."