Sunday, August 27, 2006

But how much?

Okay, I briefly mentioned it in Friday night's bitch post, but how much did I put on last week?

1.6kg!

There a lots of 'reasons' - travel for the tournament and for work, my period, hardly any exercise, drinking way more (booze) than usual, eating like a pig. And I've continued doing that (the porcine eating thing) even after I weighed in on Friday and saw how much damage I'd done.

There's even more background stuff behind all that, but it really boils down to LAZINESS. Too lazy to exercise, to eat properly, to think about why I'm behaving like this.

And I'm not going to promise an instant turnaround. Each day I'm just going to TRY and do better.

The dinner on Friday night was okay, but yesterday was pretty awful. The weather matched my mood - we had 100mm of rain in 10 hours. So, the drive to Levin and back was a bunch of fun, and the boys lost. Coming back was particularly slow as the main road at Paekakariki was closed again - half the hill was sitting on the road.

Mark and I decided not to go to the stadium last night, so Jake took some of his mates. It was much more pleasant watching at home (especially because Wellington won) - our season seats are under cover, but you still get soaked walking there and back from the carpark.

And getting up at 1am was worth it too, to watch the ABs dish out a hiding to South Africa.

Having a much more pleasant day today, but desperately ignoring all the work I have to do...

4 comments:

Ails said...

Isn't it funny that the laziness thing really never goes away. I'm like you - no matter how many great new habits we form to improve ourselves the old demons still reel their ugly heads. All you can do is try Darl and hopefully this small 'rut' will reverse itself without too much angst.

Ang said...

**Come on Sue!**

Melli said...

Honestly... don't we ALL go through this -- seems like every couple of months we just toss in the towel and say FORGET IT for a bit! Maybe it's just not POSSIBLE to stay 100% to the plan for a really long haul! I do okay for a week... or two weeks -- but as soon as I see "oh, I LOST 5 pounds" - well don't I deserve a treat? Only I don't just have ONE treat! I have 3 days worth of treats! LOL! And then I have a good stern talk with myself and BACK TO THE PLAN it is! Don't beat yourself up Sue -- just (as Nike would say) DO IT! We're all here cheeeering you on! GO SUE! GO SUE! (do you see me doing the little dance?) ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, laziness is my thing too. I can put 1.6kg just by having my favourite Butter Chicken because I don't want to cook, think and then bitch about having to work it off for the next week. We have these gains but then we know how to get rid of them too. Don't worry too much, I know you'll kick it!