Friday, September 15, 2006

Promises update

How did I go on my promises this week?

Exercise - underpromised and overdelivered.
3 x HIIT at 8 minutes. Done.
1 x resistance workout. Done.
4 x 45 minute walks. Done.
Extra exercise - 1 x 20 minute treadmill run, 1 x 20 minute crosstrainer, running up and down Parnell Road during the scavenger hunt on Wednesday, large amounts of drunken dancing on Wednesday night.

Food - still not quite living up to my promises.
Pretty much fine all week, didn't worry about it Wednesday night, as planned.
Thursday - hopeless. Hangover eating. Cooked breakfast was okay as it was all vegetarian. But then we had (a lot) of yum cha for lunch. And grazed on rubbish all day - lollies, gingernuts, a couple of choccie biscuits.

Result - 100 gram loss.

If I'd managed to control myself yesterday it would have been so much better. Learn from that and move on.

So, how bad was the hangover yesterday? Mine certainly wasn't as bad as some of the others - I think the last of them got to work about 1pm.

I got to bed about 1am and slept very poorly, as is usual when I am boozed. But at least every time I woke up I drank more water! Got up at 5.30 and went for my 45 minute walk. That might sound excruciating, but I think it was the best thing I could have done. Got to work about 7.15 and went straight out for breakfast. Flew home last night and was in bed before 9!

Just as an indication of how much alcohol this debauched bunch of printers can put away - the bar tab was over $4000. For fewer than 25 people.

So, my promises for next week. I'm in Auckland Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday night I'm going to the public dress rehearsal of the WORLD OF WEARABLEART. This is always a great show - one of my sisters is the children's co-ordinator and a niece is in the show. All this means it's not too busy, so I want to have a well-disciplined week.

Exercise:
3 x HIIT at 9 minutes
3 x resistance
1 x 30 minute aqua jog
1 x deep water aqua class
2 x 45 minute walks

Food:
I'm promising myself an on-plan week. NoCount meals all the way. Only fruit and vegetables for snacks. No alcohol (having consumed about three months' worth this week). One treat each day, of no more than two points value.

As is often the case with me spending so much time away, the fridge and pantry are absolutely EMPTY! Which means I need to go supermarket shopping on a Friday night. Such an exciting way to spend the evening. I've just copied the great recipes Ails posted and will make sure I get the ingredients tonight. I might need to replace the noodles in the spring rolls with chicken so I can get my boys to eat them.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

You're a gun - it took me two days to get over my drinking on Friday night (and I didn't even drink that much!).

Anonymous said...

Far out woman! Truly amazing and yeah, water is definitely the trick for a faster recovery. LOL at the bar tab. Have a great weekend :-)

Anne said...

That's a lot of alcohol per head!!!

Impressive exercise list for next week and well done on a loss!

(LOL the word verification I have to type in ends in WINO!)

M@rla said...

Wow, I'm afraid to go out drinking with you, I'm sure you'd put me under the table.

I've found exercise is actually a great remedy for a hangover, if I can bring myself to do it! I suffer from the loss of sleep even more than the alcohol itself, so I'm definitely not motivated the next day. And then the hangover eating!

Kt said...

I used to go to the wearable arts every year when I was younger, back when we got the dress rehearsal tickets cheap through school. Must have been a few years since it left Nelson now but it was quite the event!

You are quite the machine getting up for walk hungover, I'm hellishly impressed :)

Briony said...

You must be the only person on the planet who knows what a bushell is without googling it!! hahaha. You crack me up!
Bri

Suzy said...

OMG, I HATE that thirsty feeling in the middle of the night when the hangover has already started.

Well done for still losing after a week of indulgence. Must have been all that dancing. Sounds like fun!

Ails said...

Hope you enjoyed the recipes - I like the idea of adding meat to the summer rolls! I have a few other variations of those summer rolls and I'll post them soon (if I remember)!