Friday, September 22, 2006

The week that was - broken toe and all

It's been a pretty busy one. I have been lurking around your blogs, but not left many comments and haven't been up to any posts of my own.

It has been lovely to have most of the week at home, and I'm not going to Auckland again until Thursday - the boys will be sick of the sight of me hanging around the house!

I have managed to injure myself. Last night I knocked a large glass vinegar bottle out of the pantry. Luckily it didn't land on the tile floor and smash. No, it landed right on my fourth toe on my left foot! The toe is clearly broken - swelling straight away and looking very bruised and swollen this morning.

But will this slow Sue down? Hell, no! I'm so tough, I laugh at pain. Actually, that's a lie - I had some nerves removed from both feet a few years ago (neuromas) and can't feel a thing in that toe. It's completely numb.

I've had a good week on my promises. Hit all my exercise targets except the aqua class - a scheduling glitch on my part. Food has been good too, except maybe that coffee friand...

I had a 400 gram loss, which finally gets rid of that big gain I had a few weeks back.

And for next week? The only social event planned is a Laserstrike challenge in Auckland on Thursday night. That might sound like a boring week to some of you, but to me just now it sounds like bliss. And I figure Laserstrike will give me a bit of exercise and earn me a drink afterward!

My promises for the week:
Exercise - planning a bit of a recovery week. Even though I have lots of time, I'm feeling a bit weary.
3 x HIIT at 10 minutes (during 30 minutes on the treadmill)
2 x 45 minute walks
2 x resistance workouts
Food - I'm just planning to stay on track, really, but allowing myself a maximum of five drinks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch that sounds very sore so I'm glad it's not hurting you!

Well done on your loss, and have a great week. I'm very much looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks :-)

Kate

Karen said...

Well done on your loss this week :)

And OUCH to your toe but like Kate says - I am glad its not hurting you!

Have a great weekend! :)

michelle said...

Your poor toe, funny that you injured one with no nerves though. Congrats on the loss. Downwards from here I bet.

Cinders said...

Ouch - my friend broke her little toe last week and can't even put shoes on so you are very lucky. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, poor toe! I hope it doesn't give you grief if you are gonna still exercise. I think your coming week sounds like bliss. Enjoy your weekend :-)

Kt said...

oh your poor poor toe!! hope the swelling goes down soon. congrats on the loss :)

Felicity said...

Ouch on the toe girl.
Tile floors and glass bottles don't play together nice.
Good to see the scales go down huh.

Ails said...

Them's the breaks re your toe (ha ha, pardon the pun), geez I'm so not funny :)

Quick question: what's laserstrike? Just curious...