Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Legless Day Four

In Auckland tonight, so I had my usual obscenely early start!

After work I whipped down to the supermarket to get the makings for my dinner, then off to the gym in Newmarket.

Finally managed to get in there after what felt like about three days looking for a carpark! I really enjoy this gym - there is much more equipment than at my one. I wouldn't want to use it every day (I like my weights with the Swiss ball), but it does make an interesting change.

The $20 casual fee stings a bit though!

Had a nice salad with smoked salmon and I'm about to have a lovely fresh mango for dessert.

Home again tomorrow night, so just a quick visit this time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit $20 for a casual visit sucks! I pay by direct debit for my gym membership, which means I can visit all associated gyms for free! That's really cool when I am out of town. I'm glad you have sussed out the cardio workouts so you don't hurt the knee anymore. Cheers

Kt said...

& I thought my $21.95 a wk fee was a little steep!!!

fresh mangoes are so devine, must keep an eye put for them

Jules said...

great to see that you still maintain a healthy "away from home" routine. You are such a great chic!!@

Ails said...

Just caught up on your latest posts - I've been a little behind on my reading, sorry!

Hopefully your knee's not as bad as initially feared and the physio's visits will work magic. I totally admire how you continually find different ways to 'move' around the obstacles in your path - even enduring the $20 casual fee, that would be enough for me to jump back into the car and drive away!

Anonymous said...

Geez $20 for a casual visit!!

Thanks for posting about your knee and the exercising you have been doing with it, I have a severely damage patella having cracked a large chunk of articular cartliage off a year ago, and have been struggling with exercise ever since. I tried the deep water jogging yesterday while my kids were in swimming lessons, and it was great. Very little pain and my muscles were burning by the end of it. It is now going to be become a regular thing for me.

Good luck with your knee progress.

Joc :-)