Monday, October 30, 2006

Legless Day Three

Another good day. Didn't make it to the pool this morning (something to do with not being able to drag my lazy arse out of bed), so I went and did my 30 minute aqua jog after work instead.

Saw the physio today and he is pleased with my progress (would I follow his instructions so well if he didn't have such a cute Scottish accent?). The pain has become much more localised as the swelling goes down. This means he can now treat the actual injury, rather than all the other stuff it has caused. He was a bit more positive about the outlook, thinking it may be just this injury to the patellar tendon, rather than also being degeneration under the kneecap.

Fingers crossed on that one.

Had a haircut today, but I had to forgive the boys for not noticing when I got home - I had just got out of the pool, after all.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

That's great news about the knee. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I will have all my fingers, toes crossed for you too.

I think all males don't notice when things are different it is like in their genes he he he he

Love Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
I have just recently discovered your journal via another blog I read. For some reason I failed to notice that you have lost a whooping 57kg (until I read a recent post) Wow, that is AMAZING, and actually gives me hope that I can do this myself. I have set myself a goal of 50kg. I havn't weighed since starting on October 10th, but think I may have lost around 7kg so far. I am suppose to be doing opti fast for 12 weeks to help drop weight quickly, before starting on a low carb eating plan. I know my method would not be right for everyone, but know we each has to find what works for ourselves.
Ciao for now

Anonymous said...

PS: forgot to ad that I when I read about all the excercise you have done to assist your weightloss, it helps me realise that I do need to get moving if I want to see the kind of results you have achieved. What a Fantastic diary of your journey.

Anonymous said...

Choice about the knee maybe not being so bad. As for the guys not noticing your hair, fair enough, for once you have to forgive them eh? If you look anything like me getting otta the pool..... you look a wreck! Not nice ha ha

Anne said...

Pleased to hear your knee seems to improving - great news that the physio is sounding positive. Just a temporary glitch and you will soon be back into full exercising, alhtough you managed to still do a lot despite the injury:)

Anonymous said...

Great news about your knee! I always wondered about doing exercise in the pool so thanks for sharing. I definitely want to try get back in the pool this summer. I haven't been for god knows how long now.

What did you do to your hair? I am addicted to going to the hairdresser now, even if it's just for a wash and dry :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, my month long exercise plan? Pretty ambitious hey but now that I've planned it, I don't have to think too much about it. Just do :-)