Friday, October 27, 2006

The legless exercise plan

Aww, c'mon you lot, as if I'd write an exercise plan to do when you're pissed! What on earth are you thinking?

No, this is my plan for exercise without stuffing up my knee any more.

It's an odd experience, having to write myself a plan that doesn't involve pushing myself slightly beyond my limits.

It goes like this:
Saturday 30 minutes aquajogging
Sunday Upper body and core resistance
Monday 30 minutes aquajogging
Tuesday Upper body and core resistance
Wednesday Nothing
Thursday 30 minutes aquajogging
Friday Upper body and core resistance

I'm not convinced about the aquajogging yet. I know there is no load-bearing, but I'm concerned about what that amount of flexing will do to my knee. If it does hurt, my next option will be swimming without using my legs (either with a flotation belt or one of those little float things between my legs). Those of you who know how I feel about swimming will realise that's a fairly last resort.

When I do my resistance training, I'll do five minutes of gentle warmup on the bike, then I intend to go hardout with the weights, crunches, etc, so I get some cardio benefit from the resistance work.

Egads, I sound like some sort of addict, scheming how to get my next cardio-fix...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just shows how much your lifestyle really has changed these days, and I guess you'll just have to see how you go - if it hurts.. well you have your answer.

Hope you have a great weekend! Good luck with the exercise.

I loved the dress you were wearing to the bloggers dinner - I would love to be able to wear things like that (I may well not be able to pull it off anyway due to the height or lack of height issue!) - so thanks for the inspiration :-)

Anonymous said...

hello fellow addict ... i hear you so much sista, when things have gone wrong with me in the joint department the first thing I think about is ... OMG how am I going to exercise? and then everyone pisses you off when they say ... listen to your body, it needs a break, it'll only be a few weeks and you'll be back into it ... yaddi yaddi yaddi ... damn it ... we dont have time to be unwell ... we have exercise missions to accomplish! I reckon anything to do with water would be your first bet - good stuff with the physio it's got to do something to help right? Hang in there!