Monday, November 06, 2006

A bit more exercise

Thank you all for the compliments about the photos on my last post. Luckily none of you saw the photos of my gorgeous boy after he did a yard glass at his 18th on Saturday night. Not so nice.

I survived my first week of 'legless' exercise and progress is still good. I am now allowed to walk for exercise so long as it's no causing pain (absolutely no running), and I am doing some one-legged squats (just small ones, not all the way down) to start rebuilding the strength in my knee. When I see the physio tomorrow he will give me some more strengthening exercises to do.

So, this week's plan is:
Saturday - 40 minute walk (done)
Sunday - upper body and core resistance (done)
Monday - 30 minute aqua jog
Tuesday - upper body and core resistance
Wednesday - 40 minute walk
Thursday - upper body and core resistance
Friday - rest

Notice how quickly I reduced the number of aqua jogging sessions? Still, it's a good fall-back if the weather stays vile and I don't want to go walking in it.

Food-wise my week (as mentioned) was rather so-so, but I stayed under 77kg, which was all I was aiming to do. Just need to try for a bit more discipline this week.

Some of you may remember this post from last year. Towards the middle of November I worked out a coping strategy for all the Christmas festivities. The calendar is starting to fill up again, so it's nearly time to make a plan for this year.

And, yes, I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Sue, check out my youngest gorgeous boy on my blog, hee hee. I too am sick of the rain, unless I'm walking in it! Makes you grumpy!

Anonymous said...

Yep I remember that post! :-)

You are doing so great with your legless exercises - almost sounds like double the effort for half the limbs!

Thanks so much for your supportive comments by the way - much appreciated!

Anne said...

Took a reminder look at the post again - and I guess it's time for all of us to get thinking ahead.

Mmmm - the yard glass thing - somehow our kids seemed to share it around, (or avoid it) but I still grin when I think of our son's friend who came out for his -with his overalls on and bucket beside him. I didn't bother sticking around waiting for the result!

Anonymous said...

Eeeuuuw to yard glasses, what is it with boys? Stupid 'he man' competitions they have.
Oh yes, Christmas, a little scarey. I got through last year relatively unscathed (put on a kilo I think) so i'm hoping for the same or less this year!
Bri

M@rla said...

Your strategy sounds good! Especially "DO NOT visit Makana."

You are doing so great with your legless activities - I'd never thought before about how difficult it would be to do serious exercise without.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your leg is getting better and thanks for the Christmas Calendar idea. Last year I was too determined to stray off the path, now...I am easily swayed ;-)