Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sleepy Sue

Suddenly the last few months seem to have caught up on me. I'm bone tired and can't quite get over it.

Never mind, only five weeks till Christmas and then I can have a couple of weeks off (I hope!). Those five weeks will be busy, and of course the weekends are all pretty full at this time of year.

Looking forward to a nice quiet Christmas and New Year, though. We aren't going away this year, apart from the motorbike races in Wanganui on Boxing Day. Christmas dinner is at my place, but it's not a big family gathering - looks like there will only be around 15 of us.

I am definitely planning on easy food - ham, barbecue, lots of salad and finger food, and some of our famous family desserts. And plenty of wine. Two of my sisters will be there, and cooking is what we do (along with planning and drinking champagne) so it will all be easy and lots of fun.

For the rest of the break I'm just going to mooch about. Leisurely trips to the neighbourhood coffee shops, the occasional foray to the sales, long gossip sessions with friends and family. Maybe the weather will co-operate and I'll be able to add lounging in the sun and going to the beach to that list. There are several lovely beaches within 15 minutes walk from our place.

Bring on the holidays.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for holidays! I know you really deserve a break and I'm sure you will enjoy it - sounds like bliss!

michelle said...

of course you are tired, you have done so much this year. Have to say your description of christmas got m ethinking. Sounds so relaxing...

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Christmas. Enjoy your time off and recharge the batteries :)

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a quiet Christmas and New Year - quality time! It does sound as if your berak will be a perfect way to re-charge the batteries.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a quiet Christmas and New Year - quality time! It does sound as if your berak will be a perfect way to re-charge the batteries.

Sean Carter said...

I agree to the most of them....at times u need this private time with urself and within ur family!!!

philippa_moore said...

Last week I felt the same Sue - I was so so tired, I felt like I wanted to sleep for the rest of the year. What really helped was getting early nights and taking Centrum!

I am so looking forward to Christmas too!!

xoxo

Kt said...

wow, sounds like a great plan, nice and relaxing! 15 sounds like a good number for xmas dinner too - we had a small one last year, which was a bit sad after the 30 odd the year before!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a great weekend "Sleepy Sue" and yeah, bring on the holidays! Sounds like you've got the right idea on how to spend yours :-)

Jules said...

Have you considered that your Iron may be a bit low. That is how I was feeling as well but a good dose of iron and vit c and i have perked up no end. I am looking forward to a cruisy day and very much looking forward to at least one drink!!

Kellee said...

Ooh, yes please! That sounds lovely. Especially the drinking bit. But if I do that, so does Toby. Maybe next year. 15 sounds like a lot of people, not a small gathering!

Hope you're feeling better soon - everyone tends to get like that this time of year, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Your holiday plans sound divine - I agree, bring 'em on! You've had an amazing year Sue and you thoroughly deserve to enjoy them :)

Anonymous said...

I think its bloody hilarious that you think 15 people for Christmas is a small gathering!! That would be huge for us. It sounds like you're going to have a lovely time.
Bri