Saturday, November 25, 2006

Time to do it right again

I really need to work all this stuff out. My weight is creeping (leaping) up and there's no way I'll be at goal for Christmas. But I can't let that be an excuse to continue on the way I am at the moment.

The way I am at the moment? Practically no exercise, complete lack of food-discipline, sliding down the self-pity spiral that just leads to more of the same. I've gone back over 80kg - how could I let that happen!

So after I finished my plate of fish and chips at the local last night (and, yes, they do make lovely salads there and I could have ordered one), I realised two things:
  1. That was disgusting
  2. I need to stop doing this to myself.

It's four weeks till Christmas and I'm going to use that time to establish the good habits again.

The plan is:

  1. Every Saturday morning, write the plan for the week. This includes setting my exercise plan according to how my travel works that week, and checking what social events I have to work around.
  2. Write my exercise plan for the week in my diary - the one that rules my working life
  3. Post every day and actually TELL everyone whether I'm sticking to the plan - something I've never done before

And because I like to have a name for these things, it's the Brutal Honesty Campaign. Because my main problem is that I'm just not being honest with myself. I still have to work around my knee injury, but it has to stop being an excuse.

BRUTAL HONESTY CAMPAIGN WEEK ONE

SATURDAY - 30 minute upper body cardio, 30 minute aquajog. No social events to work around (except resisting the lolly jar when I get my pedicure)

SUNDAY - 45 minute aquajog. Nothing social

MONDAY - go to Auckland. 45 minute upper body cardio

TUESDAY - 45 minute walk in the morning. Fly home

WEDNESDAY - 30 minute upper body cardio. Big presentation followed by drinks and nibbles. Allow myself one glass of wine and only 'nibble' if I can find something healthy

THURSDAY - 30 minute aquajog. Taking clients to play lawn bowls, with plenty of food and drink - this will be my free day, but only in the evening - good eating up till then

FRIDAY - rest day. Sports department shout at school in the evening (you know, thanks to all the volunteers who make school sport happen!) - limit to one glass of wine. There'll be a BBQ, so hope for an edible green salad and some sort of meat that isn't full of fat.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you make your plans, well done. I reckon writing it down will make it easier to remember your plan when the time comes (I always conveniently forget all about my plan when I see the nice food!).

Anonymous said...

Shows us how easy it can be to slip back into old habits. With me I feel the exercise and tracking go together and if I can't exercise the food side slips as well.

I'm sure you'll keep to your plans and turn around the gain. Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Hope your head is okay today after the large G&T's!
I still say planning is the key to this weight loss thing, so why am I not doing it?????
Have a great weekend!
Bri

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic plan Sue, I will join you! I am going to make my plan tonight and stick to it... if you can I can too. I think you have lots to avoid re: social events... good luck! And watch the grog, that's where all the hidden calories are, but you know that eh?

Kathryn said...

Good planning. Fish and chips do sound yummy and sometimes you have to watch those salads cos they can be drowned in oil! It does feel good to be back on top of things though, doesn't it.

Anonymous said...

I think we've been leading parallell lives! I'm way back up again in the weight stakes too. Bugger.

However, like you I am back on track today. We could do so much in four weeks and feel good for Christmas.

Troops - move out.

Anonymous said...

Love your Brutal Honesty Campaign because it is really about being honest. It's amazing how we can actually manage to lie to ourselves sometimes. I hope you have a great end to your week :-)

Anonymous said...

I love it - I think I need a big BHC kick up the bum too!

Good luck - it sounds completely do-able!