Sunday, December 31, 2006

Farewell, 2006

It's a rainy (again) afternoon in Wellington, on the last day of the year. I'm watching New Zealand struggle (again) in a one day match against Sri Lanka in Queenstown.

Seems like an ideal time to say goodbye to the old year, all ready for a fresh start tomorrow.

In 2006 I lost around 10kg. Actually, I've lost more like 25kg, if you count all the yo-yo-ing! This may not seem like much, but I feel I have consolidated the enormous loss from 2005. I have spent much of my time getting used to being a healthier, fitter person.

In 2006 I did my first triathlon. I also did a duathlon and walked a half marathon. I have got these types of events well and truly out of my system.

In 2006 I have watched my son travel through his last 'official' year of childhood - the end of his time at secondary school. He is a man I am proud to know.

In 2006 I have had the joy and privilege to meet many lovely people through blogland. Some of these meetings have been virtual and some have been actual. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and time with me. My life is richer for our meeting.

See you all next year!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think what you have achieved this year is fantastic! As you said, you've learnt how to live with your lifestyle change through all situations, which is so important. There would be nothing worse than losing all the weight and not being able to enjoy yourself afterwards!

Hope you have a great night tonight, and wishing you all the best for 2007.

lg said...

Sounds like some pretty big transitions for you! I've enjoyed keeping up to dat ewith your blog - hope 07 is a good one for you!

Shauna said...

good on ya sue :) all the best to you for the new year!

Mary said...

It's been another great and ispiring year from you Sue and I look forward to seeing what you get up to in 2007! Thanks for sharing :-)

x