Thursday, January 11, 2007

The plan goes something like this...

I've planned myself a bit of a weekend.

Inspired partly by Mary, and by some other research I've done, it will be a sort of de-tox weekend.

On Saturday and Sunday I will eat only fresh, raw fruit and vegetables, bulked out a little by some other things.

Each day's eating plan will go something like this:
7am: hot water and lemon juice
9am: half cup of rolled oats, softened overnight in apple juice, with an grated apple added just before serving
11am: fresh made vegetable juice - like carrot, beetroot, ginger and chili
1pm: salad made with half cup of brown rice and lots of fresh veges
3pm: fruit smoothie - banana, berries, that sort of thing. No dairy or soy, just fruit
5pm: roughly the same as 1pm
7pm: fruit salad of melons and berries

Apart from that - just water.

The idea is two days of nothing but natural, healthy food. The two days itself should be good for me, and I'm hoping it will break some of the eating patterns I've fallen into of late.

In between the eating and drinking times, I want to do some de-tox on other parts of my life - clean out my wardrobe and drawers, give myself a pedicure, that kind of stuff. I'll still exercise, but the weekend will be all about making myself feel good.

I have warned the boys they have to fend for themselves. Mark is racing Saturday anyway, and Jake will just slouch at other people's places most of the weekend.

My main concern - going two days without coffee!

11 January summary
Breakfast: bircher muesli with apple juice and blueberries
Lunch: smoked chicken salad
Dinner: crayfish laksa (OMG, so yummy!)
Snacks: apricots, peaches, bean sprouts, two Ryvita, grapes
Treats: two glasses of wine
Exercise: 10 minute each on the treadmill, the bike and the cross trainer

A good eating day, but I think I'm snacking on too much fruit. Need to try and switch some of that to veges.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Your de-tox plan sounds good, think I'll do it too!!! You have no coffee, I'll have no diet coke. Hope it works! I eat dry uncooked rolled oats quite often, with a wee bit of skinny milk. I also add some raisins, it's yummy!

PersistentGirl said...

Your menus usually sound pretty nutritious and scrumptious, by the way! :-)

The detox plan sounds good. Sticking to very simple, natural food sometimes helps re-tune your cravings so that you rediscover how yummy veges and so forth can be. You might like this vegetable soup recipe: http://health.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=37534

Mary said...

Great idea Sue and I reckon you'll be fine with the caffeine, as long as you drink lots of water. Wine though? Mmm...let us know how you go! Your body will be saying, thank you :-)

Anne said...

Sounds a great idea. Love the idea of de-toxing other parts of your life too. Looking forward to hearing how you feel on Monday:)

philippa_moore said...

Crayfish laksa?!! That sounds so yum! Homemade, or out somewhere?

Sounds like a wonderful plan so you can feel rejuvenated and healthy..it's amazing what just a few days of being eating really well will do.

Good luck with it all, and I'll be interested to hear how you feel after the weekend :)

xoxox

Chris H said...

Does it have to be brown rice???

Rachel said...

Ohhhhh can't wait to hear how your de-toxing weekend goes.

I will stock up next week and do it as well if you reckon it is a goer.

Good luck.

Suzy said...

Sounds good Sue. Hope it goes well for you.

Zanna said...

Brave lady - but sounds like a great idea and like the concept of detoxing other areas. Looking forward to Monday's post to hear how it went