Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Summer (!) and sales

Just in case you think I’m moaning too much about our lack of summer – this morning when I was driving to the pools at 8am, it was 10C. That’s 10 degrees Celsius, people – winter temperatures.

And this morning I had a text from the boss: ‘Summer is going to happen this Thursday until lunchtime. Enjoy’.

But I’m enjoying my time off anyway. It’s nice to just potter about the house doing a few things here and there. Plenty of good movies to watch. And I’ve given the sales a bit of a bash, too.

2 January summary
Breakfast: two pieces of toast with extra light Philly and jam, a Jarrah
Lunch: ham salad sandwich and a peach
Dinner: seared lamb rump with roast potato and corn salad, a yoghurt
Snacks: two trim flat whites, handful of cherry tomatoes, salad of capsicum, mushroom and cucumber, two plums
Treats: two glasses of the most divine 2004 Woodthorpe Te Mata Cabernet/Merlot (okay, I may need to cut back a bit on the wine)
Slips: itty bitty candy cane
Exercise: 45 minute aquajog with sister and niece. New things tried today – the tyre-stepping move (love this one for the legs) and 25m with no flotation belt. You have to work really hard or you sink.

6 comments:

Ails said...

Hey Sue! Just dropped by to wish you the happiest of New Years - yes I know that the 'big celebrations' happened yesterday but I'm still raising my glass to you for a fab 2007!

Keep on kicking arse you exercise chick!

pointing the weigh said...

Hi Sue

Thanks for your New Year wishes and A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!

Hugs

Linda x

michelle said...

More exrcsies and still enjoying your holidays. Love it.
Enjoy what little time and summer you have left.

Rachel said...

Ha ha did ya see the sun, did ya did ya?
Your boss was right!!!!!

Sounds like your enjoying your break (and the shops) good o!

You are being excellent with your exercise and eating, such a great example to us all.....thanks.

Suzy said...

Glad you are having a nice holiday.

Yes, I know what you mean about cutting back the wine. It is SO hard this time of the year though.

Anonymous said...

Just popped into say howdy and Wish u a Happy New Year-for some reason my blog is down and playing funny beggers maybe next week I'll have more time to try and fix it.

Felicity