Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Brutal honesty is back!

It's scary how easy it is to become complacent about what I eat. Last night I wrote down my last two days, sorted out what truly fit under the NoCount plan and then counted up the points for the rest.

All those flat whites, glasses of wine, bits of this and that - added up to 30.5 points. Under NoCount I'm allowed 21 points of extras per week - so I blew that and a half in two days! Thank goodness for the bonus points from exercise.

I think I know exactly how I'm eating, but slowly more and more extras creep in without me counting them. The coffees are an obvious one - I have two trim flat whites everyday - half a point each.

Another thing I have to watch is sneaking extras into things I make. Like my fabulous roast potato and corn salad - I have been making the dressing with mayo, when I know full well it tastes just as good made with low-fat yogurt (of which I always have plenty, because I make my own). A salad that should fit under my plan suddenly has 2 or 3 extra points.

I don't want to be completely obsessive about counting, but the occasional reality check is useful to keep things under control.

So, brutal honesty is back for the month of January - track and count it all!

3 January summary
Breakfast: bircher muesli
Lunch: tuna pasta, yogurt with a fresh peach
Dinner: pork fillet with dry roasted vegetables and salad
Snacks: two plums, 5 mini capsicum
Treats: two trim flat whites, a small glass of white wine
Exercise: 20 minute core workout, 30 minute aquajog

7 comments:

Mary said...

Cheers to your Brutal Honesty, it's motivating to read posts like this because I've been such a pig lately and in denial. 2007 better watch out, Sue's back! :-)

Zanna said...

I know exactly what you mean - you analyse each extra at the time and think 'that's not too bad' but forgetting quite how many times you do that in a week. Here's to a month of brutal honesty

LME said...

How do you make that roasted potato and corn salad, Sue? It sounds great. With the yogurt dressing, of course :)

Suzy said...

Yes, recipe please.

Suze said...

Yikes, you are so honest and disciplined. I, on the other hand am so weak and wobbly ;P
Thanks for the welcome :)

PersistentGirl said...

Hi Sue,
I found your blog a few weeks ago via skinnylattegirl! Just wanted to say hello and let you know I've enjoyed reading your journey. I love your down to earth posts and your "let's get on with business" approach (I'm got a similar attitude myself!).

I almost forgot to say, My blog is at persistentgirl.blogspot.com!!!

all the best,
Persistentgirl

Melli said...

Yes! I totally agree! I ate sO badly in December and on top of it really REALLY slacked on the exercise! I ended up gaining FIVE POUNDS! Ugh! So I'm doing the same thing -- counting every morsel and really revving up the exercise again! (well - I'm WORKING at Curves now - 3 days a week -- so that right there is a huge help! If I'm AT Curves, I exercise -- and I'm not sitting on my butt in the classroom!) You'll do GREAT Sue! I have complete FAITH in you!