Thursday, January 18, 2007

What a difference a day makes!

Isn't it great how a lovely day of sun can cheer everyone up? Had a nice day at work, great walk with the dog and went down to the beach at sunset - a double treat of watching the sun set over the sea on a beautiful evening and seeing the comet.

Apparently we might get a repeat of the weather tomorrow - that would make a two-day summer for the capital!

Thought I could skip work and just send an email to the boss - 'Summer is here so I'm not'.

PLUS we have a long weekend coming up, with Monday being Wellington Anniversary Day.

18 January summary
Breakfast: poached eggs on toast with a side of grilled tomatoes
Lunch: vege frittata and salad
Dinner: pasta with ham, spinach and chives
Snacks: two trim flat whites, grapefruit, capsicum, blueberries
Extras: a couple of bourbons
Exercise: 45 minute walk

8 comments:

Briony said...

Where on earth have I been you may ask? Well stupid bloglines dropped your for some reason. I wonder how many others it has dropped and I haven't realised. I was just thinking today that I hadn't read you for a while and that you must have been on hiatus and I just came here to say that i'll be sure and have breakfast before we go swimming tomorrow to avoid the sneaky fast food attack. Sorry - hope you didn't think I was avoiding you. You've been eating some yummy sounding stuff lately. I forgot about brown rice, I used to love it, i'm going to try it again. I would love any recipes you have.
Have a great week.
Bri

Christine (Australia) said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful day! Enjoy your long weekend - we have one the following weekend!

CaramelKitKat said...

With any luck your boss suffers from seasonal affective disorder and understands completely!

Kathryn said...

You can have some of our sun. I'm sick of it now.

Anne said...

It's been sunny here since Monday! Not today though. It really does make you feel better.

Chris H said...

Yay for a long weekend, not that it makes much difference to me, lady of leisure that I am! At least it means Stew will be home for an extra day, he can fold the darn washing !! later...

Mary said...

I definitely love the sun! Enjoy your long weekend and remember to *slip, slop, slap* :-)

Lainey said...

Well it's pishing it down here! Gah! I've just come home (it's 1.28am) following a few well earned beverages to see the big bins (metal) outside my flat have blown into a close by car.

Your eating is sterling! I'm bloody impressed. Spinach is the way forward- I've just decided that.