Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lighting tricks

Where do they get those special lights at the hairdresser? You know, the ones that make you look ten years older and highlight every little mark on your face. The ones that also make the concealer you used so carefully turn into highlighter?

17 January summary
Breakfast: baked beans on wholegrain toast
Lunch: leftover lemon chicken and potatoes from last night
Dinner: lamb rissoles with minty salad
Snacks: two trim flat whites, capsicum, carrot, yoghurt dip, strawberries, two bananas and a glass of white wine
Exercise: 15 minutes cross trainer, my push-ups on the bar, lower body workout - leg presses, Swiss ball squats (with hand weights), hamstring extensions, Swiss ball frogs, the outer thigh machine and the inner thigh machine

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem at the hairdressers. The wraps always make you look awful too. I swear it's so you look better once they are done.

M@rla said...

OMG! I hate looking in the mirror there. I look like a HAG.

The only thing worse is the lighting in the dressing room with the 3-way mirrors.

Let's see pics of the new 'do!

Mary said...

What about the lights in change rooms! I cringe everytime I'm standing there in my g-sting LOL but thank yoga, I have found you :-)

Chris H said...

My advice... wear a blindfold. Or bloody dark glasses. *ha ha*

Julie's Journey said...

Yes, I agree too. Where do they get these lights from? I came up against them the other day somewhere - I swear it was more than 10 years they added. By the way, have tagged you if you have time:)

Elata said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my page :)
I hate those shops with such lights. I try to avoid them. But there are plenty shops with lights and mirrors, which make you look not just younger but also about 20 kg lighter :D well, at least in Lithuania :)

Anonymous said...

I look in any hairdresser's mirror and I feel like a round blimp he he he

Funny post
Love CM

Lee said...

Today I copied your breakfast of oats, apple juice and blueberries - why have I never had this before! YUM!

The food you eat always sounds so good - I think I'll be copying more often.

The lights at my hairdresser always make my face look incredibly pale - even without make up. Gross.