Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ow!

The hardest thing about running this morning? Moving my arms!

I have neglected my upper body workouts a bit in the last couple of weeks, so gave it a good bash yesterday. Especially the Swiss ball chest flyes.

So this morning when I ran my legs were fine and breathing was okay - but, boy, did my pecs hurt! Much better by the end of it, though.

Last night I did 20 minutes on the cross trainer at the hotel ('cause I'd only done 10 minutes at the gym in the morning). Afterward I went back to my room to stretch, still wearing my ipod. A couple of great songs came on and I danced around like a mad thing. And then realised the guys in the apartment across the road were having a BBQ on their balcony. I did get a round of applause though! One of the songs was Steriogram's Walkie Talkie Man - the song ipod actually used in one of their ads.

Just two more sleeps and I can go home.

I haven't been posting my food lately, but here's what I had yesterday, which is a fairly typical week day at the moment:
Breakfast: bran, blueberries and yoghurt
Lunch: smoked chicken and mushroom risotto (left over from the night before, with yummy smoked garlic from the Kerikeri market and rocket)
Dinner: pasta with low-fat feta, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, snow peas and fresh basil, with lots of fresh-ground black pepper
Other: a trim flat white, 2 glasses of pinot gris, 2 plums and a punnet of Cape gooseberries (eating them always reminds me of my Gran)

8 comments:

Chris H said...

oooo, ooooo, do tell, were you singing to the ipod music as well??? Dancing and singing to yourself would have been quite a show! I'm sure you are looking forward to coming home, you seem to have been away for ages.

Zanna said...

Good on you Dancing Girl! Funny the hairy type gooseberries always remind me of my Granny.

Sandra said...

Was that the 2X 8 minute run then? I was doing the C25K at one point - now I just try to run/walk as much as I can. It's baby steps with me because I run 2 mins and my heart rate shoots up to 170 and scares me. Actually I feell pretty good though. Today I did 20 mins at 2 walk/2 run and it was good except for the scary heart rate. But then it does come down quickly too so maybe I shouldn't worry.

Before you lost weight, did you eata lot of food? The thing that struck me about your list is how little of it there was. The idea of only having a coffee, a wine, 2 plums and a punnet of gooseberries as my snacks makes me wonder if I'lll ever make it...

Suzy said...

Lovely to hear your dancing story.

(Warning - don't drink a whole bottle of Pinot Gris. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since I did! - it was yummy at the time though)

philippa_moore said...

Your food sounds divine Sue! Very healthy and delicious.

And I'm delighted to hear that you're going in a duathlon!!! That would be my next challenge, but the season doesn't start until I leave.... I'll be in London by then!!! Maybe there will be something for me there :)

Great to hear how you're going, as always

xxx

Kathryn said...

Cape gooseberries remind me of my grandad :)

Anne said...

Sue - our dancing queen!

Not long until you are home - seems to have been forever, bet you are thinking that as well!

Rachel said...

Not long now and you'll be home.

Your food sounds really yummy!