Monday, February 26, 2007

Are you coming with me?

I've decided to do another duathlon - the Real Women's one on 6 May. This is actually the same one as I did at Easter last year, just under a different name. It's a good thing to aim for as I get back into my running. And I'd like to have a go at beating last year's time (59 minutes 12 seconds). And I know the whole course is flat, so I'll only have Wellington wind to contend with.

So, Wellington bloggers and those nearby - are you coming with me?

Ran the first day of week five of the Couch to 5K this morning. This week the three days have a different workout - 3 x 5min run on day one, 2 x 8min run on day two and 1 x 20min run for the third workout. I'm feeling strong, so hopefully I won't self-talk myself out of being able to do that 20 minute one!

Only four more sleeps until I get to go home.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Go Sue! Do you ever sit back and compare the new you with the old? Knowing you I doubt you will self-talk yourself out of the 20 minute run.

Chris H said...

Huh? I left a comment ages ago(like this morning) on this post! Wonder what happened to it? Anyway, read you are having a suckful day, hope it's gotten better?

Lee-Anne said...

That is really a doable duathalon. Unfortunately the one in Rotorua is on the 25th March and there is no way I'll be running by that time. Doing the two day walk here in March tho.

Thought about you when you were in Taupo. Why you ask. Cause at the last minute we thought we would stay in town after the wedding and couldn't find a single room as Taupo was booked out and everyone had to come to Rotorua for accommodation. Couldn't believe it.

Only 3 more sleeps till you can go home.

Felicity said...

hey girl as it happens I am trying to organise ME getting up to Wellington for that very duathlon more arrangements to be made this weekend but looking like a girls road trip is a happening...now if I can just fund it