Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bee-arch!

I did a deep water aqua class last night. The first one I've done in a very long time (pre-injury). I've never had this instructor before. I hate her. I love her.

She worked us so damn hard. Every inch of my body hurts. During the class I even got cramp in my shins! How the hell do you do that? I know you can choose the level you work at in aqua - I choose to work hard. A decision I may have regretted slightly when I discovered how hard it was to convince my quads to let me sit down this morning.

So, I was dog-tired when I got home last night and still haven't got round to taking up the new trousers I bought Mark two weeks ago. Bloody slack tart!

27 March summary
Breakfast: yoghurt and bran
Lunch: a very average Caesar salad - not buying there again
Dinner: stir fried chicken with corn, capsicum, spinach and lots of chilli
Snacks: apple juice, a trim flat white, an apple
Exercise: torture in the form of deep water aqua

5 comments:

Anne said...

If I'm going to aqua would much prefer to work hard than cruise around. Sounds like a great work out!! One instructor here soudns very similar and keeps you pumping - love it!

Kathryn said...

At least you got your money's worth for the class :)

With the dog running, have you seen those waist belts you clip the dog's lead to? I've seen people with them and it saves being lopsided.

Lyn said...

To have sore muscles you must have worked damn hard!! Yay go you! :)

I'd love to do aqua aerobics, just to scared to show myself in my bathing suit just yet, maybe a few kilos down the track I might try it

Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris H said...

You must have a fantastic instuctor! The one who took the classes I went to spend more time yakking to us than making us work out.... so I don't go anymore! Shame that, cos I love being in the water.