Monday, March 26, 2007

Why weigh monthly?

Because so much happens monthly! Month end for our billings, the 478 various monthly reports I have to write (477 of which probably never get read), the automatic payments to the bloody mongrel power company...oh, yes, and my cycle! My weight fluctuates a fair bit during the month, no matter how good I'm being with food and exercise, so I'm going to stop it from messing with my head by only weighing once a month.

So, less worship of the scale-god and more thinking about how I feel.

Went for my run on the streets today - always harder than the treadmill. Especially when you're being towed down the road by Moose-the-extremely-stupid-dog. I have to develop this odd, lopsided, one-armed running style. And save my breath so I can growl 'No, Moose, not lunch' whenever we see a cat. Still, he does love a run!

26 March summary
Breakfast: yoghurt and bran
Lunch: immensely yummy bagel with roast vegetables and tomato pesto in it
Dinner: pasta with tuna, tomato and spinach
Snacks: blueberries, two trim flat whites, two apples, some beans and some lovely fresh dates
Exercise: fifteen minute warm-up on the treadmill and a full lower-body workout in the morning. In the evening - 45 minutes out with Moose, of which 25 minutes I ran

7 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

Monthly weigh-ins - not a bad idea. I went for my first run last week and ended up towing a small fluffy 8 kg dog who refused to keep up. Resistance training at its best! I agree though, running on the treadmill is easier than road or path running. Well done.

Jules said...

Moose!! Love it, what sort of dog is Moose??? Missed you. Glad you are back and thank you again for taking the bold step of giving me your cellph no just in case I needed it. Your a gem of a woman. Unfortunately for yourself I am now going to use that number and track you down when I eventually make it to the North Island and then you'll really regret it. LMAO>

M@rla said...

I am all for weighing either once a month or once a day - I think any other interval is too misleading. As always, thanks for posting your meals; I'm inspired by how healthy you eat and also I get ideas for dinner!

LBTEPA said...

Hahahaha about your dog - I have a staffy & it's exactly the same with the one-arm thing.
I don't think I trust myself to weigh once a month, you're obviously further down the intuitive eating track, good on you :)

Jocelyn said...

I think the once a month weigh in is a good thing too, it takes the focus off the numbers and gets you into listening to your body, which becomes essential for maintaining.

I had a laugh about your dog walking exploits, I have similar issues with my dog, we havent got to the walking for pleasure thing with him yet as he is too excitable about anything that twitches in his path while we are out lol.

Keep up the great work, and congratulations on getting back to the 70's :-)

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your dog - Moose. That is our dogs nickname and she is really a moose! Rottweiler that is built like a tank and she also isn't too fond of cats.

I wish I could only weigh myself once a month. I try to get out of the 'scale habit' but still step on it at least 2-3 times a week.

Miss N said...

I'd have to lock away my scales to force me to weigh once a month! It's such a good idea though..

Great blog.