Monday, March 05, 2007

It's back (the 70s, that is)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Especially from the Adelaide sister, from whom I got a text at 1.30am on Sunday - pointing out that it was still my birthday over there! LOL!

I had a great birthday weekend. Mark and I had a lovely dinner at Logan Brown on Friday night - it's just always good there. Mark got to see the gorgeous Prada sunglasses he got me for my birthday, too.

Saturday I did my 3rd workout for week 5 of C25K - a full 20 minute run. I really enjoyed it. This programme is working well for me - my cardio fitness is improving and my knee feels great (so long as I stay away from too much lateral movement).

I had a HUGE exercise week last week - two sessions most days, so planning on a lighter week for a bit of recovery.

And this morning's weigh in, after a three weeks break - an nice even 79 kilos.

12 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh to be a 70's girl again! I must try harder, I must, I must. I am doing masses and masses of exercise too, feels bloody great eh? You are an inspiration... I don't think I will ever be able to run.

Jules said...

I think if I was a 70's girl I would lose the plot with happiness. Good on you.

Kate said...

Glad you had a good birthday! And yay for being back to the 70s :-)

michelle said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. Sounds like you had a good one. Congrats on the great exercise and weight loss.

Shauna said...

haaaapppy birthday tiger and well done your return to the lovely 70s! :)

Anne said...

What a buzz for you to be back in the 70's. You deserve it with the amount of exercise you are doing. Great work with the running too:)

Mary said...

Great to hear you had a good birthday weekend and well done with the exercise. It's great when you find something that works for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats on the success of the scale, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I've been meaning to comment for a while. Truly enjoy your posts.

Suzy said...

You are well and truly in sight of your goal now. Congrats on reaching 79 and keeping up such great exercise. Glad you had a nice birthday.

Anne said...

Thanks for the rolled oat tip - If I like them will give me a push to try the Core plan.

Zanna said...

Belated happy birthday and how wonderful to be in a new weight decade ..... you little legend!