Sunday, September 30, 2007

All-about-exercise-post

September exercise wrap up
Days I did something: 27/30
Days I did nothing: 3/30
Days I did something I rate as significant exercise: 20/30
Number of gym visits: 8/30
Number of non-gym days where I did exercise that I consider a worthy replacement: 7/30

October exercise aims
No more than 6 days without significant exercise (September was 10)

Although I really like the gym, at the moment I'd rather be out riding, weather permitting.

Cool shit from the weekend
Craig bought me a bike computer. How geek-cool is that? I can measure distance, time on the bike, top speed, average speed...
Much application of ice (external) and gin (internal) meant my knee felt not-too-bad on Saturday, so we rode all over the place, stopping to drink coffees and cruise the Lyall Bay mega centre and clocked up 17.5km.
Some dickhead tried to kill me again (cut in front of me at an intersection), so I went and bought a BRIGHT yellow cycle top (and an orange one for Craig) along with some cool sunnies to make me go faster on the bike.
Sunday the weather in town was yucky, so we went out to Paekakariki to eat brunch and rode the trails in QE2 park. Only 8km, but LOTS of grunty hills.
I remembered DG's post about spending the first part of any exercise adventure freaking out about not being able to do things, as I crept/skidded down steep gravel-pathed hills, terrified of leaving half my skin on the stones if I came off. But I did it, and got very brave as time went on!
Finally got sick of my shonky gears and bought a bike off TradeMe tonight. Have already picked it up. Very cool and can't wait to try it out.

Phew!

Off to Auckland for the day tomorrow so I suspect the first day of October may be without significant exercise...

4 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

You arent having much luck with unobservant drivers are you!!! Ouch,....
Take care and stay safe....

Suzy said...

It is so much more fun when you can stop and have a coffee or go shopping while exercising. That's what it's all about - incorporate exercise into everyday living. Sounds like you have really met your soulmate ;-)

Anne said...

Your weekend sounded lovely (apart from dubious drivers!). Hope the colourful cycle top helps you being spotted!

Chris H said...

Hmmm, seems to me you need to ride with a hammer in hand to just 'bump' into them ignorant car's sides if they get too close! That might teach them not to scare you shitless!!! You sound so happy mate....