Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thanks a bunch

I'd just like to say thanks to the woman driving the Fiesta who pulled a U-turn in front of me while I was riding my bike in Evans Bay last night.

Thanks for missing me.

Thanks for being completely unaware of my existence.

Thanks for opening your door without checking your wing mirror.

Thanks for making me stop so suddenly that I managed to wrench my knee - again.

Thanks for at least driving so badly I had already started to slow down before your idiotic stunt with the door. That way I didn't hit your door and fly off my bike into the wild blue yonder.

Thanks for checking to make sure I was okay before getting back into your car and driving off.

Thanks.

It's okay, my knee has been vastly improved by applying gin. Internally.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

I see you are up nice and early today... you can't have had that much gin then! I knew there was a bloody good reason I didn't ride bikes on roads.. too bloody dangerous.. give me my exercycle any day! I had the exact same thing happen to me years ago and that is when I stopped riding on the road. ... I did come off my bike! Hurt like hell too. Ahhh memories. Glad you were not hurt badly mate. If the knee is still sore I highly recommend the internal medication...

Apple2Hourglass said...

OMG those bitches, I hope you flipped them an appropriate hand signal.

Think you need to do a lot more 'dring' today to recover!! LOL.

dring .... hahaha

Might even try some myself ....

Shauna said...

!!!!! crikey that's too close for comfort. and your kneeee, arrgh! hope the gin went down well.

Helena said...

hope you got their licence plate, I'd be sending Craig round for a visit LMAO! oh and some medical advice ... straight gin would probably work faster :D

Lucinda said...

Bloody Hell!

Give me the gin bottle and I'll throw it at the next Fiesta I see.

We are walking the Queen Charlotte Track...Where are you two going?

Suzy said...

What an ignorant b@%ch she must have been! Hope your knee comes right. Good idea to apply gin, or vodka, or wine internally.