Wednesday, September 05, 2007

MORE incentive

Guess who booked a holiday on the Gold Coast yesterday? We're going for a week in mid-November. Just want to be somewhere warm and away from people we know!

Boy, does that cause a dilemma with the reverse reward. How can I go to Surfers and NOT buy new clothes...

But I'm not going to put pressure on myself to get to 72kg before we go - it's less than 10 weeks and there's no surer way to make me fail than to set unrealistic goals.

I might just have to work out some sort of compromise. Maybe only buy clothes I need for while I'm there. You know - new bathing suit and a couple of light dresses. And some shorts. And some sandals. And some strappy high heels for going out at night. And a matching handbag. And a nice hat to protect my pale skin. And...

Oh bugger!

12 comments:

Margaret said...

What a dilemma indeed !! Perhaps the rule is that you can buy whatever you want - but you have to leave it all in Oz when you leave. I know it is a sacrifice but I would be happy to put myself out and come up and pick them all up from you..

Especially the matching handbag LOL

Rachel said...

What about if you make your kitty (reverse reward) winter clothes only? Then you wouldn't have to feel guilty about buying summer clothes.

It will be gorgeous over there mid-November you lucky duck.

Isn't that when Leenie is over there are well?

Chris H said...

Ha fucken ha!!! Just shop till ya drop mate.... how can you not????

Anonymous said...

Yeah bugger is right!!! he he he

GEESH Woman you are a shopaholic aren't ya.

Go do it he he he.

You lucky so and so... wish it was me going over there.

Love Chubbymum

Anne said...

Mmmm - your shopping excursions sound a little like mine!! What an incentive though!

Lee-Anne said...

I think holidays are different and worthy of exempton from the reverse reward.

I have every confidence you'll find a solution in the end.

Suzy said...

You said it! You can not go to Surfers without buying some new clothes.
You just need to put some fine print at the end of your rules saying "above rules exempt from unexpected warm, romantic holidays" ;-)

Felicity said...

of course u have to BUY UP LARGE but in size small a holiday in Surfers nah sorry wouldnt trade my 10days in Sydeny for all the holidays in Surfers. Sure u will have a balst.

Apple2Hourglass said...

Who cares, just bloody well enjoy yourself woman!! hehe
Nothing counts when you're on holidays, NOTHING!!
Bri

Catherine said...

Your holiday sounds wonderful. I always end up putting on weight when I know there's a reason to lose (ie holidays, visitors coming etc) so just stop worrying and enjoy everything and don't worry about goals. As for the clothes and accessories, they sound fantastic and very 'essential'!!!

M@rla said...

Deadlines always mess me up!

Me said...

YAY - you're coming to the Gold Coast - I hope we get a chance to catch up !!!!!

Have a great weekend !
Me