Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wrong way!

That's what I yelled at the scales this morning when they showed me 81.5!

Pretty much expected that to happen, in fact almost glad it did. I know I can't spend 4 days a week being kind of good with my eating and 3 days a week being nowhere near good with my eating.

So, time for some 7 day efforts. And I know how to do it - planning, discipline and keeping the end game in sight!

I've always struggled with finding rewards for reaching mini-goals. This is mainly because I indulge myself all the time, so there's nothing left to use as rewards!

Instead, I've taking the reverse-reward approach. Every week I'm giving Craig $100. When I reach my goal of 72kg, he'll give it back to me to go and spend on new clothes. And here's the kicker - until then, I'm not allowing myself to buy any new clothes. Not even underwear!

Trust me, that's going to be damn tough on this girl.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good plan, although he might have a vested interest in seeing you without clothes ;)

CaramelKitKat said...

Has the weather warmed up in Wellington yet? Once it does you will be all over the outside exercise and salads and the weight will be off in no time.

I hear you re the rewards, I can't think of ANYTHING I want. Seriously. Nothing. In the end I have had to go for getting done the things that nag at me (having photos framed, jewellery repaird etc). I tried the monetary reward, but that didn't work as I knew I c/would just spend at the end anyway.

Are you giving Craig the money in cash? A glass jar quickly filling with $100s would be a hard incentive to resist. Maybe it should be donated to your most hated rugby team if you don't reach goal within six months!

Margaret said...

LOL at Kathryn's comment...

Great plan. And I would copy it except that I know Mark will spend my money. LOL..

Life is not a one way street so sometimes we are going to go the wrong way. But you've seen the warning signs and are turning it around. And driving straight for a money pit.. Nice..

Anne said...

I know what you mean about the rewards - so really do love the idea of the 'reverse reward'.

Lee-Anne said...

GO FOR GOAL - FAST. You poor thing - that's torture.

I'm the same - if I want something I'll just get it so I hope your plan works.

And it's not spring. It's too fricken cold.

Chris H said...

OOOO OOOOO sounds good to me... but even better if Craig matched you dollar for dollar! then imagine the fun you could have!!!! Until then, hope ya knickers last the distance! Then again, maybe not! *ha hha ha*

Apple2Hourglass said...

That's very harsh!

Julie's Journey said...

What a great nest egg that it going to be! Wish I had your perserverence. Good luck.

Jenny said...

Love the idea re the money. Geez I had a blonde momet today...I looked at your exercise log link and thought how on earth does Sue walk at 8.5 and jog at 6.5 on the treadmill? Have only just realised it was minutes NOT speed...ROFL!!!!! Sometimes I need saving from myself. See what my girls have to put up with...LOL :)