Friday, September 28, 2007

Never skip two days in a row

Not a bad rule this one – and it can apply to eating and to exercise!

We all skip a day now and then – we’re human and sometimes these things just happen. But how you cope with the next day can make all the difference. Because if you skip two days, it’s even easier for it to become three, then four…

One day off track with your eating won’t do much harm – but a whole week will! Try not to just shrug your shoulders after a self-indulgent day and say “Well, this week is shot, might as well eat whatever I like”!

If you missed your run yesterday when it was pouring with rain, or didn’t make it to the gym because you bumped into a friend on the way home and went to the pub instead, you might be feeling a bit lazy today. GET OVER IT! Get those running shoes on your feet and get out the door – you know you’ll feel better if you do.

Now, if I can just practice what I preach…

6 comments:

Apple2Hourglass said...

Damn now I have to be good tomorrow! haha. I wish i'd thought about this 2 years ago. I had one bad day and it's turned into maintaining for 24 months. Really need to pull my finger out now and start trying instead of trying to start! Hey there's today's post title, cool .....

Chris H said...

Totally agree.... am finally doing something about it I hope!

LBTEPA said...

You should write a book Sue!

Anonymous said...

So true once again Sue, and so important!

M@rla said...

Too true! Someone - maybe it's John Berardi or one of those guys - always says "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that matters, it's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas."

I am also eagerly awaiting the book. Also, I searched your site for Plantar Fasciitis and didn't find a result - I need you to tell me everything you did to treat it.

Margaret said...

Amen!