Monday, September 03, 2007

We can rebuild her...

Another lovely weekend gone - and we even had some lovely spring weather.

I've put a link on my sidebar to another wee blog where I'm going to track my exercise (keeps it off this main blog). It's good for me to be able to review it, to make sure I really am doing enough, increasing my effort AND having the occasional recovery week - where I back off a bit and let my body catch up with itself.

It's too easy to get caught up in always pushing yourself harder - ride further, lift heavier, cross-train faster. Your body needs time to recover and rebuild - not doing that is a great way to lead to injury and exhaustion.

I always have one day off a week, but I know I need those 'slower' weeks as well.

Spring is also making me think about events again. Do I have the commitment to train for another duathlon? Maybe it would be a good idea...

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely green spring blog.. And yes, snap. Actually I do like your layout of adding in the incidental exercise too. It think that it is very motivating to have a look at where you went that extra distance 'incidentally' when it would have been easier not to.

Training for any event, I think, helps with the discipline because there are usually other people involved. And you have to admit, you always look sensational in that 'crossing the line' photo :)

Anonymous said...

off course you can do another one!

makes training worthwhile and hey is is spring now....so put some spring into your step