Sunday, October 07, 2007

Certifiable!

By Friday I was really sick of not being able to ride my new bike. So we went for a 17km waterfront ride after work, regardless of the gale-force northerlies.

Going there was great, of course - going at over 40kph without even peddling. Coming back, not so much.

Not only did I get blown off the bike (stepped off before I fell off), but the wind then picked the bike up in the air, only connected to this earth by my grip on the handle bars. Still, it was a great ride.

The wind has pretty much continued all weekend - I think it's the only time I've heard a forecast for Wellington that included the words 'gusting hurricane force'!

Managed to get another good (18km) ride in yesterday morning though, when the weather was a bit calmer.

And then this morning (after the ABs got humiliated by the French) I went and took my angst out on the cross trainer and treadmill - and my abs - so it's been a great weekend of exercise.

Now there are a couple of blokes parked in my lounge watching Bathhurst - oh well, guess I can't have the perfect weekend!

7 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

Well done you with the exercise. We are in mourning too with the Wallabies! Really really thought that the ABs had it in the bag this time. My DH thought it was lucky that NZ couldnt put in 3 teams as they would come 1st, 2nd and 3rd they were that good. Makes you want to kick something.

Chris H said...

WE have the same darn wind here.... and blokes watching sport... they are watching Waikato Vs. Hawkes Bay... still going.....hope Waikato win cos Stew cannot take any more disappointment for one day!

Apple2Hourglass said...

Aaargh the luxury of not having to watch sport on TV OR have men in my house doing it either.
If only I didn't have to pack more today would be bloody perfect!

LBTEPA said...

You are such an example - MUST. STOP. EATING.....

Anonymous said...

Not a good city to be riding a bike in.... called the windy city he he he

Well done for getting out in it OMG I wouldn't have he he.

Hmmm think the referee has some explaining to do me thinks... grrrr

Big hugs
Chubbymum

Shauna said...

i cannae believe it! i cheered for the French when they got their try coz i thought "i don't want it to be a whitewash, y'know" and next thing it's all over. ARRGH!!! maybe you could all cheer for scotland now? lord knows we need it :)

Anne said...

Watch yourself on that bike! Our niece was in a group on Saturday going close to 50k's, the guy in front of her hit a manhole and came of, she hit him, someone hit her..... Domino effect and several of them came to grief. They had to get ambulances out to them. All ok but one bike is half and a smashed cycle helmet. One day they will laugh about it....