Thursday, October 11, 2007

Great weather for ducks!

I went for a lovely run last night - in the rain. I'd had enough of people for the day, so headed out to the waterfront, instead of in to the gym.

I did 5km - and ran about 3.5 of that. It would be no fun if it was windy as well, but the rain itself didn't worry me (I know you girls with glasses feel differently). I just made sure I wore a cap to keep my head and face fairly dry.

Things I like about running in the rain:
The shower afterwards felt wonderful
Hardly anyone about
Makes me feel like I'm really tough
I know everyone going by thinks I'm insane
I ran more and faster than usual
Everything feels so clean, despite being in the middle of the city

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Great going.

Even with the rain, it isn't that cold eh?

Thinking about it, that must have felt great (you tough chic you!).

LBTEPA said...

what a legend!
I have started going out on my bike in the wind b/c I tell myself the big bike ride coming up might be windy. Ditto rain on the run. No heat yet. Come on summer!

Zanna said...

OOohh I'm impressed - I got up at 5am this morning - got dressed and was almost ready to go out the door when it started - a regular thunderstorm and me.... I chickened out, stripped off and hopped back into bed! Would love to catch up in December but the only problem is that I think it's going to be the Monday before we get to Palmie. I'll catch up with you again closer to the time when I have a more definite idea of where we'll be when. Z xx (oh and thanks for the leg up - 2nd day and I'm still up there)

Lynda said...

Another reason for loving running in the rain: people who know they should lose weight will be looking at you thinking.. "lucky her - one of those naturally slim people who just run to show off"... hehe

The Candid Bandit said...

Do you know what I love most about this?

Your description. I can feel it through the page. That feeling is deep and a touch primal.

I love doing lots of things in the rain, dancing, gardening, walking, making love, pina coladas....

Kathryn said...

I can run in the rain if it isn't raining when I start, but to head outside when it's raining is beyond me.

Helena said...

*quack*

Anne said...

Funny, I've jsut driven back from the supermarket and there was this woman running in the rain, I thought how on earth is she enjoying that!!! You've explained it!

Lee said...

I'm a glasses girl, so treadmills in an airconditioned room work well for me!
If you ever got thirsty you could just open your mouth. How convenient!

I don't have your email address to add you to my blog list. Please email it to lee.p@clear.net.nz, and I'll approve your address. :o)